Chapter 49

Kat's POV:

"Please don't take this out on me

Cause you're the only thing that's keeping me alive" _ Bull in the Bronx, PTV

"Kat!" Amy shouted, pulling me right out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Look at this dress oh my god!" She gushed, showing a piece of fabric in my face.

"Very pretty," I commented ironically, as I couldn't see a thing.

"Try it on!"

"What? I thought we were shopping for you."

"We are! But you also need something to wear. I'm done with you showing up at parties in tee-shirts and jeans."

"I haven't done that since you arrived!"

"Good. We need to keep that up. So now you go and try that on."

Rolling my eyes, I took the dress and tried it on in the changing room. Somehow Amy had managed to convince Paul to let the two of us go to a nearby town for an afternoon, leaving Cam and the guys at Warped. Immediately Amy had taken up on the occasion to drag to a 'normal' shop. Apparently she didn't approve of me only wearing bandmerch. I'd tried to argue that Dropdead and other clothing lines owned by bandmembers weren't technically bandmerch, but she'd ignored my protests. And so here we were, in the middle shop filled with pink and pastel blue clothes. Can you feel me shuddering?

Anyway, I tried her dress on and gaped as I saw that the dark blue thing, which admittedly had the decency to fall below my thighs, was totally open on my back, the fabric only closing at the beginning of my butt.

"Amy!" I yelled, not caring who might hear me. "What the fuck is this?"

She waltzed right in the changing room, the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh my god you look amazing! I need to take a picture of this and send it to Oli!" She rambled, taking out her phone.

"What the hell, no! Get this phone away from me!"

"Alright, alright. Are you sure you don't want the dress though?"

I glared at her and she relented, holding her hands up in defeat.

"Okay. But I won't give up!" She warned before disappearing back into the boutique.

Oh god...

It ended up with me winning the argument of not wearing a dress, but her doing my hair, make-up and whatnot in exchange. So I showed up to the PTV party wearing black leggings and a white DropDead tank top saying 'Suck-A-Fuck' (classy, I know). On the other side, Amy having done my make-up meant that I had smoky as fuck eyes with hella long eyelashes and a provokingly red mouth. My hair fell down to my hips in smooth brown curls and I had added some height to my otherwise small frame thanks to some of Amy's black high-heels I'd stolen (with approval) for the night. Compared to me, Amy looked like an angel of the night in her little black dress and fishnets, her dark hair pulled back in a high ponytail that somehow emphasized her huge, winged eyes. Let's just say that boys were all over her from the second we entered the bus, where the rest of our band was already waiting. With not a glance spared to the poor drooling men, she walked right into the outreached arms of Ethan, who smiled at her like she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever laid eyes on. Which I was willing to bet were his exact thoughts.

Waiting for my own boyfriend to show up with the rest of Bring Me, I tip-toed to the bar (I have my priorities straight), where Ash and CC were already seated.