Chapter 4

Kat's POV

"But I was blind

I couldn't see the world there right in front of me

But now, I can..." _ Lost it all, BVB

"I believe that we all fall down sometimes...yeah..."

As Andy's deep voice sang the last sentence of the song, the crowd stood still, enjoying its beauty, before exploding in applause and cheers. Black Veil Brides thanked the audience and left the stage despite the loud complaints in the crowd. A few minutes later, they were at the meet&greet tables and people were starting to line up. I pushed through the crowd and joined Ash at the table he shared with CC.

"Hey Kitty, how did you like it?"

"It was great!" I replied cheerfully. "I especially liked the part where you took off your shirt and threw it to the crowd," I added mockingly, "probably causing some poor girl to faint. But then again, at least you had one in the beginning."

He made a face.

"It was hot outside. And besides, I made that 'poor' girl's day."

I had to agree with that, and he turned his attention to the long line of fans. I stayed at their table for a while, watching them talking to the fans, taking pictures with them and signing tee-shirts, drawings, arms and, in Ashley's case, a boob or two. I noticed I got a lot of curious glances from the fans, some recognizing me from the tour, others wondering who I was. A few of them asked me for a photo, and I gladly accepted, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

After a while, I decided to leave and went to look for Chris, who'd said he'd be at the nearest café. All of us had watched Black Veil Brides' performance but then we'd scattered. While I stayed to talk to BVB, Cam, Dan, and Ethan had left immediately to see Slipknot performing on another stage. I liked Slipknot but I wasn't really a  fan of theirs, so instead I'd planned to meet up with Chris and go shop for some bandmerch. I scanned the crowd and saw him waving at me from a small café table in the shade, where he was working on some music sheets.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, taking a seat next to him. "What are you working on?"

"Some ideas for a new song, nothing real yet. If you want I'll show you guys tonight."

I excitedly agreed, and we left the café, going towards the bandmerch tents.

Chris was the one who wrote most of the music, while I wrote the lyrics who corresponded. Once in a while one of the others would help either of us, but it was usually just the two of us. We wrote the music first, and I'd add lyrics to it afterwards, but sometimes, I'd been so inspired I'd written lyrics and Chris had then found music to correspond. It was usually because I was going through a rough time and needed to let it all out. It had only been the case for three or four songs, most of them from our EP A Taste of Heaven, written when I was completely shocked over Amber's death. I wouldn't say that I'd accepted it now, but I managed to go on with my life without it haunting me all the time. That is, except from in my nightmares.

Chris led me to the nearest merch store, but it was Black Veil Brides' and I shook my head. I had enough of BVB stuff like that, and if I ever needed any, I could just borrow some of Ashley's. He shrugged and we went on. Next shop was an OM&M one, and as I went through the different tank tops, I grinned at the memory of Cam running crazily towards Austin. He'd been really nice to us and, when he'd realized we were bandmembers, he'd said he'd be looking forward to hanging out with us (at which point Cam looked like she was going to faint).

 I ended up picking a white tank top with the OM&M bandmembers' faces on it, as well as a black one with the OM&M symbol in blue. Chris chose a similar tee-shirt and bought a OM&M badge for Dan, who collected badges from different bands to add them onto his special "badge jacket". Chris then wanted to go back to the bus to work a bit more on the music. It was only 7 pm, so I wasn't ready to go back just yet, even though there weren't any bands on stage that I particularly wanted to see. instead I went to look for the others and made my way to the stage where Slipknot had been performing. Apparently they'd just finished because an incredible amount of people were leaving the place, and being both small and quite slender, I felt myself getting carried in the wrong direction. I tried to fight against the current but didn't really make any progress. Just then I caught a glimpse of Ethan, but a tall someone immediatly obscured my view and I lost sight of him. I stopped walking, trying to see him above the sea of heads, but I got pushed and found myself falling. Oh great, I was gonna get trampled. I grimaced as I hit the ground, and braced myself for people to run over me, but then a hand covered in tatoos appeared out of nowhere and a male voice with a strong british accent asked:

"Are you okay?"

I gratefully took the inked hand and the guy pulled me up to my feet and in front of him so that he protected me from the flow of people.

"Yeah," I said "thanks."

I was so close to the guy that the only thing I could see of him was what was directly in front of my eyes, which was his neck. A neck on which was tatooed a familiar-looking rose... I felt my stomach sink and I hastily took a step back.

It was Oli.

                                                -------------------------------------------------

Hehe, who's excited for Oli's POV? ;) I know I am...

Vote & comment!

_ Othilia