Chapter 12

Oli's POV

"You always want the one that you can't have

'Cause love isn't always fair" _ Love isn't always fair, BVB

I stepped outside, wanting to get away from the too loud music and the swarming groupies. I felt dizzy and leaned against the bus for support, enjoying the coolness of it against my throbbing head. The numbness i'd been waiting for had finally stolen over me,taking away the hurt and sorrow caused by Purdy's words. I sighed, drank a bit of Scotch from the bottle and looked around me. There wasn't anyone outside except for a group of around ten people sitting in a circle. The rest of the party had either moved inside the bus or had already left. I tried to see if I recognized anyone from the group, but it was too dark and my vision swam a little, so I gave up. Just then, one of them stood up and walked towards me. The figure was feminine and somewhat familiar, but I couldn't quite make out who it was until she stood right in front of me. Only then did I realize. It was Kat. I briefly wondered if it was an alcohol-induced vision, but dismissed the idea. Surely my mind was incapable of such beauty.

"Oli?"

"What's up love?" I answered a bit slurredly.

Her dark eyes looked into mine steadily, and she kissed me. My mind went blank. For a few seconds, I was absolutely unable to comprehend what was going on, until I felt her starting to withdraw. No. There was no way she was getting away with this. It might be a dream, or a hallucination, or anything, but there was no way I was letting this kiss end like this. So I put an arm around her neck, and brought her back to me, kissing her hungrily. I turned her around so she was pressed against the bus, the feel of her warm, soft body against mine sweet torture. I watched as she closed her eyes, her lips opening and giving in to the pressure of mine. There was no room for sense, for thought in me, there was only the feel of Kat against me, filling me heart and soul. 'Every minute she's with you, she hurts." Purdy's voice suddenly souded in my ears, and I jumped back, breaking away from Kat. My mind was still reeling with the kiss, and I struggled to think clearly through the mist of the alcohol. I didn't understand. If she hated me that much, why kiss me? Why even talk to me? It made no sense. I looked at her, and she was watching me with wide eyes that seemed to ask 'What the hell just happened?', and I nowhere being able to answer.

"Well, I gotta give it to you, you know how to put a dare to good use!" Vic's voice came from behind me.

I stilled, and turned around very slowly. I knew what to expect but it still felt like a punch in the stomach to see OM&M and PTV look at us with grins on their faces and give us thumbs-ups.

"A dare?" I said quietly.

I couldn't see Kat's expression in the dark, and didn't really want to. I took the bottle of Scotch to my lips, as if to erase the taste of her on them, and left.

I woke up and didn't know where I was. My head was hurting, each pounding of my heart sending a deep ache at my temples. Groaning, I lay back in the white sheets of the posterbed and assessed the situation. I was alone in what looked like a hotelroom with a double-bed, a nightstand, a tiny bathroom and bare walls. Also, I was naked. I sighed and tried to remember last night. Flashes  came back to me, a black-eyed girl kissing me; a deep feeling of pain and hurt; another girl, blond and curvy; the same girl naked in this hotelroom. Oh fantastic. I'd probably just slept with a groupie. I checked what time it was, and figured I had about two hours before we needed to go to the next Warped destination. I looked around, trying to find my clothes, and spotted my boxers in a corner of the room, my jeans in an other one. My tee-shirt was nowhere to see, though. Oh well, I'd have to do without. Having showered and dressed, I checked out of the hotel, noticing the wide eyes of the check-out lady when she saw my bare chest. Yes, I have lots of tatoos. Get over it already. That's when my phone buzzed.

"This is Oli, what's up?"

"Where the fuck are you man?"

"Hi Jordan. Nice to hear from you too," I said sarcastically.

"Save it, Sykes. We're leaving in one hour and if you're not here by then, we'll leave without you."

He hung up, and I stared at the phone a few seconds, surprised at how irritated he sounded. Shrugging, I decided to let the matter go for now. I asked a random by-passer where I was, and learned that I was actually really close to Warped. I called a cab, ignored his look when he saw my bare chest, and was at the parking lot in less than fifteen minutes. I went directly to our tour bus, and saw Shona looking at me disapprovingly, but I held up my hand in front of her before she could open her mouth.

"I'm too fucking tired and hungover to deal with your anger. I'm here now, okay?"

I entered the bus to see Lee and the two Matts playing Wii in the small livingroom.

"Well, look who got laid!" Matt N greeted me with a smile.

"Look who had too much to drink yesterday," added the other Matt, seeing the grumpy, pained expression on my face.

I grumbled and crashed onto my bunk, holding my head between my hands as if to relieve its pounding. Spoiler alert: it didn't work. I spent the way to the next Warped destination trying to sleep off the hungover, while the others played MarioKart, the annoying beeping sounds not helping my recovery. They didn't need to rest, since we wouldn't perform there, but tomorrow was my first training with Shattered Dreams. I shuddered at the thought. Sure, I looked forward to seeing Ethan and Chris again and meeting Cam and Dan in a non-drunken state, but facing Kat wasn't going to be easy. As if the awkwardness of the kiss wasn't enough, I felt like I'd betrayed her by sleeping with the groupie, which completely and utterly stupid, since Kat couldn't care less. The kiss had been a dare, and her friendliness a decoy. She didn't like me, even on a friendly basis. I sighed. Tomorrow was going to suck.

                                        ----------------------------------------------------

Daww Oli is such a cutie <3 I'm so mean hehe *evil laugh*

He slept with a groupie, bad Oli -.-

So Jordan is mad...what's up with that?  o.0

See you soon! Don't forget to vote & comment

Love you

_ Othilia