Chapter 11

Kat's POV

"Did you really think that you could fix me?" _ "And the snakes start to sing", BMTH

Given the perfectly clear instructions Ash had given me, I was able to find Austin very easily--not. I wandered about for at least ten minutes before stumbling upon Chris, who showed me the way. Austin was sitting in a circle with the rest of OM&M and PTV, a little aside from the party. As soon as he saw us, he called out:

"Kat! Chris! Come sit with us. We're playing 'truth or dare'."

We eagerly joined in, and I sat between Chris and Austin. The two of us had gotten to be really good friends over the past two days, after he'd invited our band over at their bus so we could get to know each other better. Suffice to say, he was awesome; and so was the rest of OM&M. I'd never really met a member of PTV before tonight, but from what I'd witnessed tonight, they were a lot of fun to be around.

"Your turn," Aaron told me.

"What? But I only just got here!"

"Exactly. Now, truth or dare?"

In my experience, dares were bad news, so I chose truth.

"Great! I was hoping you'd say that. So, what are your real feelings for Ashley?"

I rolled my eyes. Seriously?

"I love him like a brother. And before you say anything," I added, seeing him open his mouth, "he feels the exact same way about me."

"What, so you've never dated? Never even kissed?" Tino sounded both extremely surprised and extremely disappointed.

"I thought I only had to answer one question."

"Your answer wasn't satisfying!" Tony from PTV complained, and i laughed.

"Okay then. We considered dating a while ago, but it didn't feel right, so we dropped the idea. And about kissing...well, it's happened a few times, when we were both very drunk. it never changed anything beteen us though. Satisfied?"

"Well, no..."

Tony looked over at me with his puppy-dog eyes, but I couldn't help it if nothing more had ever happened between Ash and me. I almost felt the urge to apologize to him, he looked so disappointed.

"At least that's cleared up," Aaron said, "I always wondered."

"Well then, it's my turn to chose now. Tino, truth or dare?"

As we played on, embarassing truths were told and hilarious dares carried on. These involved Tino asking a random man his number, Mike and Jaime from PTV kissing, Alan dancing on a table or Austin running around yelling "No one can catch the motherfucking fox!". So when Chris' turn came, I understood why he chose 'truth'.

"Okay. I'll ask the question," said Phil from OM&M. "Last time you dated, who broke up? You or her?"

I felt myself go pale, and watched the same happen to Chris. He swallowed hard.

"The last girl I dated committed suicide."

There was a silence.

"Man, I didn't know. I'm so sorry," Phil said, looking truly ashamed.

"It's okay, it was three years ago. I'm over it."

No one pointed out the fact that if he hadn't dated anyone in three years, he obviously wasn't over it. Instead they all nodded and changed the subject, sensing questions wouldn't be welcome. It threw a cold over the party, but after some time, the former good mood came back.Then it was my turn again, but after what I'd seen happen to Chris, there was no way I was choosing 'truth' again.

"Dare."

Vic looked behind my shoulder and smiled slowly.

"I dare you to kiss Sykes."

"What?"

I turned around to see Oli drinking from a bottle of Scotch and leaning against the bus, looking as if it was the only thing holding him upright.

"But he's absolutely wasted."

"That's what makes it interesting! There's no way to know how he'll react!" Vic said excitedly.

Gee, thanks. But at least he might not remember it later. I sighed.

"Okay then. But I'm warning you," I added fiercely,"if anything happens to me, I will kick your ass. And if I'm in too bad a shape, Ash will do it for me."

"I'll help," Austin said happily, looking at least as excited as Vic to see the kiss.

I rolled my eyes and, gathering all of my courage, ros to my feet and made my way to where Oli 'stood'. Once in front of him, I wasn't really sure how to do this. He was looking in my direction, but I wasn't sure he actually saw me. I couldn't kiss him on my own though, he was too tall.

"Oli?" I asked hesistantly, and as I'd hoped, he bended towards me a little to answer.

"What'sv up love?" His voice was slurred, his accent even more pronounced than normal.

I took a deep breath, stood on my tiptoes, and gently pressed my lips against his. I felt his body tense up, but he didn't move a muscle, his lips unresponsive and his eyes wide with shock. Well that could have gone worse, I thought as I started to pull away. But just then, Oli snaked an arm around my neck and pulled my mouth back against his. It was my turn to be shocked. He turned us around, his warm and lean body pressing me up against the bus. His lips, so soft just a moment ago, were fierce and demanding, deepening the kiss as his hand pulled at my hair. I couldn't move, I couldn't say a sound, I couldn't even think. So I just stood still as Oli's mouth explored mine roughly, in an almost desperate way, before he pulled away abruptly. And I stood there, breathing hard, watching him watch me, until we heard Vic call out.

"Well, I gotta give it to you, you know how to put a dare to good use."

Oli turned around slowly, and saw the rest of them coming towards us with wide smiles on their faces, giving us thumbs up. He looked back at me, his eyes were unreadable.

"A dare?" His voice wasn't disappointed, it wasn't reproachful, it wasn't bitter; it was as emotionless as his face as he took a swig of the bottle and left.

                                        --------------------------------------------------------------

GOD THAT KISSSSSS!!!! Everyone after me: THANK YOU VIC!

It's too good not to have it a second time in a different POV don't you think? ;)

btw the 'motherfucking fox' is a reference to Looking for Alaska by John Green :)

Look forward to the next chapter!!

VOTE AND COMMENT

Byeee!!

_ Othilia