Chapter 5

Oli's POV

"I've come undone,

I'm on the run,

Yeah I'm nobody's hero" _ Nobody's hero, BVB

The girl looked up at me and I froze. She was small and slim, the slenderness of her figure accentuated by her pale skin which formed a contrast with her dark brown hair. She was wearing dark leggings and an Of Mice and Men tank top which showed her curves and the outline of a tatoo on her collarbone. She was, to speak plainly, hot. But that wasn't what retained my attention; her eyes were. They were so big and dark and intense it was like they were swallowing me, and for one second, I was lost. Then I realized the way she was staring at me. It wasn't thankful, it wasn't friendly, it was fearful. She looked positively terrified, her eyes wide and her face pale. I opened my mouth to ask what was wrong, but she abruptly turned on her heels and ran away from me. Yes, actually ran. I couldn't believe my eyes. I mean, hate and disgust I was used to, I could handle it, but fear? She'd looked at me like I was this horrible, terrifying thing come right out of her nightmares. Disturbed, I stopped fighting the crowd, letting it carry me away, and it lead me to the entrance of Warped, as it was almost closing time. I stayed near the gates, wanting to see the girl again, and scanned the exiting crowd. But either she'd successfully avoided me, or she wasn't a fan but actually worked at Warped. I certainly hoped so. I felt this need to see her again, if only to ask her why she was scared of me. It was going to be hard to find out who she was though, since I didn't even know her name. Sighing, I decided to go back to my tour bus. The others were probably waiting for me, as we were supposed to review some things together for our concert tomorrow.

After band practice, I went to sit on my bed, brooding. I knew it was irrationnal to be so upset about the girl, but In couldn't help it. That look in her eyes... And yet she'd seemed totally normal until she saw my face. I didn't know what to make of it.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem a little off."

I raised my head to see Jordan leaning over me, a worried expression on his face. I manage a little smile and answered:

"Yeah I'm fine. I think i'm gonna go get some fresh air though."

 I stepped out in the cool air of the night, and wandered a bit in the dark, feeling a bit sad and drained of all energy. Then I heard a sound like hushed voices, and I went over to see what was going on. Two men were talking near Black Veil Brides' tour bus, but it was too dark for me to distinguish their faces.

"How is she? What happened?" asked one of them anxiously. "Is she staying over with you tonight?"

"Yeah, I think she'll stay with me. She's really shaken, but she'll be fine," answered the other man, whose voice I recognized as Ashley Purdy's for having been to a party with him several times at last year's Warped Tour. I noticed that Purdy didn't sound completely sure, and the worry hadn't gone from the other guy's voice when he replied.

"Okay...thank you for taking care of her. Man, when I saw her coming back. Christ. I mean, I've seen her in a bad shape before, but this...she looked like she did...in the very beginning... You know what happened?"

"Yeah...It's not for me to tell though. 'Night Chris. You'll see her in the morning."

I saw Chris turn and enter the bus right next to Black Veil Brides'. Just as I was about to go, feeling a bit guilty for having eavesdropped, I saw the door to BVB's bus open, and a voice called out.

"Ash?" It was hesitant, anxious, frightened and gut-sinkingly familiar. It was her.

Purdy immediately went over to her and took her into his arms, and I had to fight the strange urge to do just the same. But then I realized that I was the reason she was in that state, and a wave of anger swept over me. I wanted to walk over to her and shake her and ask her what the fuck her problem was, but something told me it was a bad idea. So I walked back to my bus, trying not to feel like a stalker, and not succeeding.

                                        -----------------------------------------------

Oli's the best <3 poor baby doesn't understand what's going on...

If you think Kat's overreacting, you're partly right, but you also have to understand that she made a whole world out of her vision of Oli, and she knows it's probably false and she's sos so afraid that everything is going to fall apart again :(

Anyway, don't forget to comment! I love reading comments!

Bye <3 Love you

_ Othilia