Chapter 67

Kat's POV:

"There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it

There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret

I want you to know..." _ Crucify Me, BMTH

The telephone ringing woke me up from not-so-peaceful slumber, and immediately all the events from the last few days crashed into me, making me whimper.

I'd let Oli break down my walls again, and he'd bluntly pushed me away. Of course, it was my own fault for breaking up with him in the first place, but it still hurt that I'd had my trust thrown back in my face, especially when it was so hard for me to open up.

And the words he'd said—I didn't even wanna think about it.

When I'd gotten home, I'd locked myself in and broken down for the first time since I'd moved to my foster parents' house. I'd kept away from blades, though. I just needed to let myself cry it out. I'd been so fucking naïve to think I could see Oli and everything was going to be perfect again. Cause that's what I'd thought, I now understood. Under a thick layer of denial, I'd hoped he still had some feelings for me and that we could start over.

I'd been un-fucking-believably stupid.

So now I was set on moving on. Not through Tom. Replacing Oli with another man was not the real way to get it done; that was just avoiding facing reality. Truly moving on would only come with time, and on my own. Not to mention that Tom's words had hurt me more than I would like to say. I hadn't exactly contacted him since that day, which was about a week ago.

I'd stayed inside, spending quality time with my friends and my parents, trying to ignore the pain in my chest.

News flash: it wasn't working too well.

Then again, what had I expected? Oli wasn't exactly an ordinary person. It made sense that he was harder to get over than other guys.

And it didn't help seeing his caller ID on my phone-screen as it buzzed its ass off.

"Hello? Oli?" I couldn't seem to shake the slight tremble in my voice as I spoke his name.

"Kat—Kat I miss you."

My throat dried up instantly.

"Please don't hate me. I can't have you hate me." His voice was rough, like he'd been drinking. "Please Kat—"

"Oli, are you drunk?"

"I... I don't know..."

I let out a sigh. I could almost picture his frowning face, puppy-dog eyes lost and confused.

"Have you been drinking?"

"I...yes. A little bit."

"Right."

"The sky is almost black. Like your eyes. But your eyes are blacker than the sky. The sky is still a bit blue. Not like your eyes. They're really really black. And they shine, but not like the stars... Can black shine? Why are your eyes in the sky? I don't—Oh my god Kat the sky is smiling!"

My eyes widened.

"Are you high?"

"Maybe..."

"Are you telling me that you're both drunk and high?"

"Yes?"

"Go to bed," I sighed. I took a look at the clock. "It's 3am."

"I don't care. I miss you all the time, even if it's three am," he insisted, his words slurring as his voice thickened with his stupid, irresistible Yorkshire accent.