Chapter 34

Oli’s POV:

“Tell me that you love me

Cause I need you so much” _ Don’t go

The BMTH concert was incredible, one of the best we’d ever played. To say the crowd was wild would be a complete understatement. They were so crazy it was almost hard to keep up with. We loved every second of it. The buzz was so amazing that I was still filled with energy an hour after wrapping the concert up with Shadow Moses. The five of us were sitting in the shade of a tent, joking around and sipping on our beers. I still had an hour and a half before the Shattered Dreams concert, and I knew it was more than enough time for the buzz to die down and leave me dead-tired. So I decided to just hang out casually, and not go see PTV perform, despite how much I loved the guys and their music. My bandmates being very understanding, they’d decided to stay with me. So here we were, spending time doing absolutely nothing, which was perfectly fine with us. In a life of constant movement, it was nice to just stop and relax from time to time.

As Matt K went out in the open and chose a spot in the grass to lie down, I followed him and lay next to him, using his chest as a pillow.

“Dude!” He complained, but as made no move to get me off him, I just closed my eyes and concentrated on the kiss of the sun on my skin. A few minutes later I’d dozed off.

“You guys are too cute,” came Ethan’s voice. “I’m taking a pic.”

“Whut?” An extremely confused Matt K asked.

“Shhhh shut up,” Ethan whispered. “We don’t wanna wake Oli up, do we?”

“Too fucking late,” I muttered, eyes still closed.

“Sorry. Well, you had to wake up anyway because the concert is in less than half-an-hour, and we have to get ready.”

“Argh fuck.”

Sighing deeply, I rose to my feet and looked around. Jordan, Matt N and Lee were sitting a few meters away, looking at us in amusement. Matt K had apparently decided he’d stay on the ground, because he didn’t move an inch.

“Why did you let me fall asleep?” I asked them.

“Because you needed it,” Jordan shrugged. “Plus the fans thought it was über cute.”

“What? What fans?”

“Quite a lot came by while you guys were having your beauty sleep,” he laughed. “They didn’t have the heart to wake you up, but they took pictures and stuff.”

“Well that’s embarrassing,” Matt K muttered.

“Anyway, don’t you have somewhere to go?” Jordan said, and Ethan nodded.

“Let’s go.”

By the time we arrived backstage, everyone else was ready. I noticed that Amy as well as some of the members of Black Veil Brides were there too. Purdy was sitting on a couch with Cam and Dan, laughing at a corny joke, while Chris, Amy and Jake were discussing something near the entrance. I looked around for Kat and saw her standing in a corner, talking to Andy. For once, she didn’t seem anxious or even nervous. I couldn’t help but feel jealous as I remembered how she’d kissed Andy at the party, and how she was now talking to him lightly. I sighed. I had to realize and accept that I was just another guy in her life. She didn’t see me as anything more than a friend, however much she liked my band’s music.

Ethan’s voice cut off my trail of thought and spared me from completely wallowing in self-pity.

“Oli!” From the way he said my name, it wasn’t the first time he called me.