Chapter 55

Kat's POV:

"And goddamn it, I can barely say your name

So I'll try to write it, and fill the pen with blood from the sink" _ Bulletproof Love, PTV

The dam broke.

All the feelings I had put off for a week, everything I had bottled up and abandoned, came crashing back, leaving me a sobbing mess on my bed.

I didn't know how long I stayed there, unable to do anything but cry, before I quieted down. When I did, it wasn't because I felt even remotely better, but because I had run out of tears. I simply had no strength left. So I just lied back on the bed and stared at the ceiling blankly.

At some point my bandmates must have come back, because I could faintly register voices around me, begging me to get up, to tell them what was going on, to let them help me. I couldn't do any of that. I couldn't do anything but lie in silence, my heart shattering over and over again as I replayed the scene in my head. It was all my fault, I knew. I was the one who'd pushed him away. And if I had to do it again, I would. Our relationship, as beautiful as it had been, wasn't meant to last. It had been hard enough to break it off now, and it would just have been worse later. Best cut the whole thing short and save us more pain in the future. Ending this had been the right thing to do, like ripping off a band-aid. It fucking hurt, but it was necessary and better than dragging the pain on.

So why did I feel so empty? So broken? So dead?

Eventually I felt arms more familiar to me than my own embrace me. Ash.

His voice whispered soothing songs at my ear, and he held me against him as the sobs build up in me again.

"Darling you'll be okay," he sang softly, and I dug my fingers in his shirt and cried.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Hello everyone! hope you like it, tell me what you think in the comments pls I really appreciate any feedback :D

Othilia.