Chapter 36

Oli's POV:

"I see the truth

I've given you my heart to break

I would die for you" _ Die for you, BVB

When I entered the training room, I thought for a moment that I was alone before I saw Kat. She was sitting in a corner with her headphones on, which explained why she hadn't heard me come in. I frowned as I saw that her eyes were wide and fixed at the wall in front of her. I immediately went over to her. She didn't look up and I had to bend down towards her.

"Kat?"

As she heard me, her hand shot out and grabbed my arm, her eyes never leaving the wall.

"Kat? What's wrong?" I asked, starting to feel a little anxious.

"I like it," she said, her voice clipped.

What? I was about to ask what the heck she meant by that when she cut me off.

"The country music. I like it." Finally she turned her head towards me and I saw shock and amazement in her dark eyes. Her words came in a rush. "Ash likes country music and I always make fun of him because of it and he put some on my phone and I was fucking mad at him but I've just realized I like it. I fucking like it." She shook her head in amazement.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I like Britney Spears," I offered, trying to fight a smile.

She gave me a disgusted look and her hand slipped off my arm.

"Ew."

I shrugged.

"She's not that bad."

"The only song I ever even remotely liked by her was something about her being in love with a thug, and that was only because the guy in the video was hot."

I pushed down the sudden rush of jealousy and answered with a smile.

"Right. Criminal."

She looked at me and snorted.

"You have poor music taste."

"Says the girl who likes country music."

She gave me a look but broke into a smile.

"Don't you dare say a word to Ash! I'd die of shame if he knew!"

I assured her I wouldn't, and she narrowed her eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise," I agreed with a nod.

She tapped the floor next to her and I sat down.

"You're so cute," I grinned.

"I'm not cute, I'm punk rock!" She protested. "I have no emotions and eat metal sheets for breakfast."

I raised my eyebrows.

"You like? I was tired of people calling me 'cute' so I searched the net for good comebacks."

I laughed.

"I can't believe you."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"You're cute."

"Argh I hate you!" She started hitting my chest and I caught hold of her wrists to stop the blows.

"Has no-one ever told you that violence doesn't solve any problems?"

"So far it's been working wonders for me," she retorted.