Chapter 2

I walk through the front door of my house with Paxton right behind me. I close the door as he walks into the house.

"Here. I'll show you your room," I say as I walk up the stairs.

"Alright cupcake," I hear Paxton say from behind me.

I roll my eyes and continue walking up the stairs until I reach the top.

"There's your room, and that's your uncles," I say pointing to two different rooms.

Paxton nods.

"And this room," He says walking up to another door across his room.

"That's mine, and you are not allowed in it," I say sternly.

"Why not? You hiding a dead body in there?" He jokes as he smirks.

"No. I just don't want annoying people like you in it," I reply.

"Ouch," He says as he places his hand over his chest.

I glare at him.

"Just go to your room," I say as I walk up to my bedroom door and open it.

I walk in and close the door behind me and lock it.

"Okay! Mom!" I hear Paxton call from the other side of the door.

"Shut up!" I yell back.

I hear him laugh and walk away from the door.

I sigh and walk into my bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror and see bruises on my arm from the people I killed today. My black hair up in a messy ponytail, I stare into my green eyes and see a nice big bruise right under it. Ouch.

As much as I enjoyed killing people, it didn't feel as great after some time. I felt weird. Like I took someone away from their family, I would know, cancer took my mom.

I take my bloody clothes off and throw them on the bathroom floor. I look at my body in the mirror and see my old scars down my body.
They were from a car accident I got into when I was in highschool. I don't remember much of what happened or who I was with in that car with but all I have are these scars.
I turn the shower on and slip my hand under the running water, I feel the water get warmer against the palm of my hand. I step into the shower and close the door behind me. I feel tingles throughout my body as the hot water runs down my soft, tan skin.

~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the kitchen and see Paxton looking into the fridge.

Great, of course, he's here.

"What's up beautiful?" He says in a cheery voice.

I ignore him and walk into the pantry.

"Okay, so you're ignoring me." He says as he closes the fridge door.

I ignore him again and grab the bag of chips and walk out of the pantry.

"You know, we sorta live together now. So you can't ignore me forever Ivy," He notes as he walks up to me.

"Just because we're under the same roof doesn't mean we have to talk to each other." I say as I pour the chips into a small glass bowl.

"Yeah okay," He says as he grabs a chip from my bowl.

I look at him and glare before taking the bowl and making my way out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going, princess?" Paxton asks.

"To my room," I say, not bothering to look back at him.

"Can I come?" He asks again.

"No," I say without hesitation.

~~~~~~~~~

I pull into the parking lot of my dad's office. He called me this morning telling me that there was an important meeting he wanted me to attend. I step out of my jeep and lock it behind me. I walk into the building and am greeted by some of the men.

I walk into the meeting room and see that it already started.

"Your late Ivy," My dad states.

"I slept in," I replied as I took the only empty seat right next to Paxton.

"Good morning beautiful," He says into my ear, but loud enough that everyone in the room can hear.

"Paxton!" William yells, making me giggle.

Paxton rolls his eyes and looks back to the end of the table where my dad was standing.

"Alright, I'm going to get straight to the point of this meeting." My dad starts.

"The government has found out about our gangs." He adds.

Everyone looks at him in shock.

"What do you mean "gangs"?" Paxton asks.

"Your gang and our gang have been caught, they know who's been killing all these people and all the money that's been taken." My dad answers.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask.

"We need to work together," William answers.

"There's a certain group that's working for the government. They are assigned to come to find us and get us killed." My dad adds.

"That's why we need two of our best killers." Willam says as he looks around the room.

"Ivy and Paxton, we need you two to work together," My dad says as he looks at the two of us.

"No! I am not working with that jerk!" I yell as I get up from my seat.

"Ivy! We need you to! You both are the best here, you always finish your missions and always make sure no one finds out!" My dad yells.

"If you guys don't work together, we might all die." William says.

I sigh and look at Paxton who was smiling freakishly.

"Fine," I give in and sit back down.