Chapter 39

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

I groan as I stumble out of my house, into the cold night wind. I feel the blood running down my face.

He hit me again. I feel like I'm gonna die. It hurts really bad.

"Don't come back!" He yells as he slams the door in my face.

I limp across the street and onto Ivy's front lawn. Her dad's car wasn't there.

I reach her front door and ring the doorbell several times.

"Ivy." I whisper as I feel my body start to fall to the ground.

I grip the door frame and try to keep my balance.

I hear the lock on the other side door and I see Ivy standing there.

I fall into her arms and she holds me.

"Paxton?" She asks.

"Help." I voice.

She pulls my arm over her shoulder and grabs my waist. I lean my head on the top of hers as she closes the front door and helps me upstairs to her room.

"Sit." She tells me as she places me on the bed.

"It hurts." I groan.

"I know." She whispers.

She runs into her bathroom and I wait on the bed.

I look at the nightstand and see a small pocket knife laying there. I stare at it and see blood on it.

She walks back out with the first aid kit and sits down on the bed next to me.

"It's gonna hurt a bit, okay?" She warns me.

I nod at her.

She pulls out cotton balls and ointment and places them on the bed.

She runs back into the bathroom and grabs a rag and wets it.

She comes back and sits down before taking the rag and wiping the blood off my face.

She dips the cotton ball in the ointment and gently dabs it on my cut on my head.

"Ivy." I groan in pain.

"Almost done." She whispers.

I close my eyes as I feel tears run down my face.

"Shhh." She whispers.

"You'll be okay." She says as she cups my face in her soft hands.

I lean onto her and place my head against her chest.

"I hate him." I cry in between sobs.

"I know you do." She whispers as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"I can't deal with him. He won't stop. I miss my parents. I want my mom. God, I feel so stupid. They're gone, my parents are gone, Ivy." I continue to sob and tears run down my face and onto Ivy's shirt.

"I'm so sorry, Paxton. I'll kill him, I'll burn his body to ashes." She says, furiously.

I pull away and look at her.

"No, I don't want you near him. I can't let anything happen to you." I warn her.

She nods and looks at me.

I moved my gaze down to her arm that was holding my hand and my heart dropped.

I stare at the cuts and scars down her wrist.

I grab her wrist and stare at it.

"Ivy." I whisper as I stare down at her wrist.

She tries to pull her wrist out of my grip but I don't let go.

"Oh Ivy. No. Why?" My voice comes out as a croak as I hold back my tears.

"It's fine. I'm okay." She says.

I move my eyes to meet her teary eyes.

"No, Ivy. Please. Don't lie to me." I whisper.

I watched tears run down her face.

"I had no choice, Paxton." She says.

I cup her face in my hands and stare into her green eyes.

"It hurts, Paxton. So bad. I can't do it anymore... I'm all alone." She cries.

"Tesorina... You are not alone." I begin as tears fall down my face.

"I want you to listen to me, okay?" I say.

She nods.

"I don't care how much terrible shit you say to me or how many times you push me away, I will come back to you over and over again. I will stand right next to you the whole time. I will hold you when you're hurt and I will make sure no one ever hurts you, Ivy." I tell her as I wipe her tears with my thumb.

"Because Ivy, I love you. I will never stop loving you." I admit

Sobs leave her mouth.

"I'm not ready to love anyone." She whispers to me.

"I'm not asking you to love me. I'm telling you, I'll always fight for you because you're my beautiful tesorina." I admit.

She smiles through her tears and I smile through mine before placing kisses down her scars.

"I love you no matter how many scars I see on you. I love every single one of them." I whisper against her skin.