Chapter 5

I ran around the hotel room looking for my necklace that my mom got me for me before she passed away. It was the last thing I got from her, it meant a lot to me.

I dig through my suitcase and backpack trying to find the necklace when I hear knocks from the hotel room door.

Paxton and I arrived in Washington DC and made it to our hotel rooms. Paxton was across the hall from my room so it was easy to access each other.

"Come in!" I call towards the door.

The door opens and Paxton walks in.

"You ready tesorina?" He asks as he looks at me smiling.

"I can't find my necklace." I reply while I look under the bed.

"We'll look for it when we come back, we need to go."

"No. I need the necklace, Paxton. It's the only thing I have of my mothers."

Paxton sighs.

"Did you look in your suitcase?"

"Yeah, I even looked in my backpack."

"It has to be here somewhere." He says as he looks around the room.

"I'll look in the bathroom." He adds before going into the bathroom.

I run my hands through my hair out of frustration.

"I think I found it!" I hear Paxton call from the bathroom.

I quickly rush into the bathroom and see Paxton holding up the rose gold necklace that had a small heart chain attached to it.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much." I cheer as I take the necklace from his hand.

I pull the chain apart and wrap it around my neck. I fiddle with the hook, trying to hook it to the chain, but fail.

"Need help?" Paxton asks.

I nod and turn to face the mirror. Paxton stands behind me and pushes my hair to the side.

I feel his warm hands touch the back of my neck, giving me chills down my back.

"Done." He says as he pulls his warm hands away.

"Thanks."

I look at myself in the mirror and smile.

"Okay ready." I say as I turn and look back at Paxton.

He smiles and walks out of the bathroom, with me right behind him.

I grab my jacket and slip my gun in my waistband, which was hidden under my shirt.