Chapter 57

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~

"Look. It's a picture of you and me!" Lucas cheered.

I look up from my book and look at Lucas who was sitting on the ground next to the coffee table drawing pictures with his crayons. Elenore went out to get lunch so I had to keep an eye on Lucas.

He held up a picture of stick people one had blonde hair and the other dark black hair, he drew my green eyes so bright it made me smile.

"I love it, Lucas." I tell him.

"I made sure your eyes were as bright as everyone sees them." He explains as he points to my eyes on the drawing.

"Even though you broke every promise, I would still forgive you every time just to see those bright green eyes again."

I smile at him and look back down at my book, holding my tears in.

"Ivy?" I hear Lucas ask.

I look up at him and see him frowning at me.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Can I ask you something?" He questions.

I nod before closing my book in my hands.

"Can you tell me about Paxton?" He requested.

I place my book on the coffee table and pat my lap gesturing for him to come sit on it.

He smiles before running over and climbing on my lap.

"Well, for starters he would've loved you. He loves reading, just like you." I began.

Lucas giggles.

"He also loves food." I laugh.

"So do I!" Lucas cheers.

I laugh at him.

"You guys would've been best friends." I add.

Lucas' smile fades a bit.

"I wish he was here." Lucas says.

"Me too." I state.

"Do you have a picture of him?" Lucas questions.

"No, I don't. All my stuff got lost after my accident." I explain.

Lucas sighs.

"It's okay, I'll find him and make sure he meets you." I reassure him.

"Really?" Lucas asks, his smile was back on his face again.

"Of course." I tell him.

I walked up to the giant bulletin board that was filled with papers and posters. I scanned the board trying to see if there was anything about Paxton. Nothing. I was completely lost. It's been 2 months, soon to be 3 and I still don't know what happened to him. As I looked through all the papers I saw now hiring signs, I grabbed it and looked down at it. It was for a waiter at some restaurant and it made a bit of money which meant that I wouldn't have to keep taking money from Elle. I walk away from the bulletin board and make my way back to Elenor's to tell her I was gonna get a job.

"You want to get a job?" Elenor asks as she takes a bite of her steak.

"Yeah, I just felt bad for taking your money and now I could repay you, using the money I earn." I explain to her.

We were all eating at the table and I brought up the subject of me getting a job.

"Ivy, you really don't need to do that. I'd be more than happy to give you as much money as you need." She insists.