Chapter 60

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tesorina,

I can't believe it. I knew it. You're alive. You're actually alive. I saw you looking for me, at the police station. Did the security hurt you? I hated the way they dragged you out, it made my blood boil. I hate it when someone hurts you, Ivy. I hate it so much. But once I see you again I'm gonna smother you with kisses. I wish I could tell you that I wasn't in Las Angeles anymore, they brought me back to Chicago. Come here, Ivy. Get me out, I want to hold you again. I still can't believe any of it. My beautiful tesorina is alive and still has hope. I love that you have hope.

-the guy who's in Chicago

I stare up at the ceiling of my cell, smiling like a crazy person.

She was alive. That's all I could think about. She was looking for me, that means she'll get me out of here and we can run away. She's probably looking for me right now, I wish I could call her and tell her that I was back in Chicago. I want to hear her voice, I miss holding her in my arms. I loved when we read books together, I loved her soft lips against mine it drove me nuts.

I hear a bunch of movement from outside my cell.

"Ivy?" I call out as I jolt up in my bed.

I look outside my cell and see Victor sitting in his bed.

"I'm not Ivy, kid." He says.

I sigh and look down at my lap as I run my hands through my hair.

I didn't tell Victor about what I found out, I was scared. I didn't think he'd believe me.

"Victor?"

"Yeah?" He replies.

"I need to tell you something" I begin.

"I'm listening."

"She's alive." I blurt out.

Victor looks up at me.

"Who? Ivy?" He questions.

I nod.

"That day in the cafeteria when I got pulled out. They took me to the sheriff because a girl was looking for me in California." I explain.

"Was it Ivy?"

"Yeah."

"How do you know?" He asks.

"They showed me camera footage and it was her, the cops were pulling her out. I watched them throw her out."

"I thought she was dead." Victor voiced.

"Same, I guess she survived." I tell him.

Victor nods as he looks down at his lap.

I throw my head back and look up at the ceiling smiling freakishly.

"She's alive. I can't believe it, I want to see her so badly."

"Yeah I know." Victor huffed.

I looked over at him and saw him lying in his bed staring up at the ceiling.

"What's up with you?" I question.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone." He says as he turns, to face the wall.

"You could at least try to seem like you're happy for me." I object at him.

Victor sits up in his bed and glares at me.

"You don't even know for sure she's alive!" He shouts.

I stare at him in shock.

"All you do is blabber about that stupid girl, she doesn't care about you, Paxton! It's been almost a year since the incident, don't you think she'd get you out by now?!" He continues to yell.

I get up and walk over to the cell bars.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that! She does care about me, I know she does! I don't care if it takes her a year or 50 years until she finds me, I will sit here in this stupid cell waiting for her!" I yell back.

"Of course you would! You're crazy! You have no life Paxton, it revolves around her!" He snarled.

"You know what? Just because I didn't end up being an alcoholic and abusing the girl I loved doesn't mean you can just insult me for actually caring for someone and having hope in her, because I know damn well that you will never be capable of actually loving someone!" I snapped.

It falls silent and I glare at Victor, as he looks at me in shock.

I walk away from the bars and get back in bed.

No one can talk about Ivy like that. No one.