Chapter 66

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday, tesorina,

I told myself I wouldn't write to you ever again, but it's your birthday so I felt like I had to. I know I said all of those terrible things about you before but I can never stop loving you. I want you to know that. I hope you have an amazing birthday even if you're alive or dead. I just want you to be happy, Ivy. I wish I could be with you to celebrate but I'm not. I love you, more than you'll ever know. I hope your birthday wish comes true, my beautiful tesorina.

-your idiot

I sit in bed staring down at all the letters I've written to Ivy. I want her to read them, but part of me doesn't, or else she'll know how much I depended on her.

"Staring at a bunch of letters won't bring her back." I hear Victor's voice.

I look up and see him in cell writing on paper.

"Who are you writing to?" I ask him, completely ignoring what he just said.

He hasn't said a word to me since our last argument.

"My wife." He answers.

"Does she write back?" I question.

"No."

I stare at him as he writes.

"What do you say to her?" I finally ask again.

"Random things, about what it's like here or how much I'm sorry for doing the things I did." He replies.

I start to feel guilty as I hear his words, I said horrible things about what he did to his wife. I regret saying all of it.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out.

"It doesn't matter." He says, blandly.

I sigh as I watch him fold up his letter and place it on the ground next to his bed.

"Night, kid." He says to me before laying in his bed and falling asleep.

"Night." I whisper.

I gather all my letters and place them under my pillow and lay down.

I'm sorry for everything, for all the people I've killed, for all the people I've hurt, and especially sorry to Ivy and Victor. I would do anything to make it up to them.