Chapter 7

"Did you bring any snacks?" I ask Paxton as I look in the back seats of our rental car.

"No. That was your job."

"Great, we're gonna starve for hours."

We're on our way to New York, to kill Randy Reed.

After killing our last guy, I felt pretty good about working with Paxton, except he would flirt with me every chance he got.

"Tell me when you're hungry, we can stop at a diner or something." Paxton says, his eyes on the road ahead.

We couldn't fly to New York since the government knew we started killing people, so Paxton and I had to rent a car to drive there.

"Okay."

I looked out through the passenger seat window, we were driving along a long almost empty street. It felt like we were out in the middle of nowhere. Just random deserted fields.

"So, how long have you been a part of your dad's gang?" Paxton asks.

"Since I was old enough to." I reply, not really interested in making conversation.

"I never knew your dad had a daughter, and I practically knew him my whole life."

"My dad tried to hide me when I was young, he didn't want anything to happen to me." I note.

Paxton nods.

"How'd you even know my dad?"

"My uncle. My parents passed away a few years ago, so I was stuck with my uncle, who also happened to be best friends with your dad."

"I'm sorry." I say looking at him.

"About what?"

"Your parents."

"Oh, it's nothing. I've moved on."

Wish I could say the same.

                             ~~~~~~~

"Tesorina? Hey. Wake up." I hear a deep calming voice say.

I slowly open my eyes and meet bright gorgeous blue ones.

I groan.

"I stopped at a restaurant. I thought you might be hungry." Paxton says as he stands right in front of the passenger side door.

I nod and unbuckle my seat belt and step out. I didn't realize how close I was standing to Paxton before I looked up at him.

I could smell his strong sweet cologne and his minty breath hitting my face.

"Uh. Finally food!" I cheer before moving away from him.

Paxton smirks and nods.

I rub my eyes and looked around at where we were, it looked like a small town with a few small buildings. It was about to get dark soon.

"Okay. Let's go." Paxton says as he locks the car and walks towards the entrance of the old-fashioned diner.

  I looked up at the big sign on top of the diner, Kelly's was written on it in big red cursive letters.

We walk in and the sounds of people's chatter are filled into my ears.

I followed Paxton to the cashier, who was a beautiful young lady, with blonde hair and was wearing a cute blue and pink apron with a small hat on her head that said the name of the restaurant.

She looked up at us and instantly blushed as she made eye contact with Paxton.

"Hey gorgeous." Paxton says, flirtatiously.