Part 3: Forest Green

Ivy

4 years later

~~~~~~~~~~~

After the night at the cliff

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think she's dead?" I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

"She might be." I hear another voice.

I try to take a deep breath but end up coughing really hard. I groan in pain as I slowly open my eyes to see a pair of bare feet, I follow my gaze up the legs and all the way up till I see a face. It was a boy, he looked really young. About 6 years old. He had messy blonde hair and hazel eyes. He looked down at me frightened.

"She's alive." He voiced.

I tried to move myself to sit up but I was hit with a sharp pain in my leg. I looked down at my body which was soaking wet and my dress had a giant bloodstain leaking through it.

That's when I remembered everything that happened, and how I got the wound.

I jolted my head up and looked around me.

"Paxton!" I call out.

The boy jumps back in fear.

I look to my right and see a lady in her mid-thirties looking at me like I was crazy.

She had brown hair and was soaking wet like me. She kneeled in front of me and helped me off the ground.

"Let me help you with your wound." She tells me as she walks away from the giant waterfall behind us.

"No I need to find him, Paxton. Where is he? Please I need him." I tried to tell her, my voice kept breaking and I felt tears form in my eyes.

"I don't know who you're talking about, miss. There wasn't anyone else in the water, just you." She explains..

"No, they took him. They're gonna kill him." I cry out.

"Calm down. You need to take care of your leg first. You're bleeding a lot." She says.

I don't say anything as I feel tears slip down my face.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder as she guides me through the woods, her clothes were all raggy along with the small boy that was following us. We walked a bit further until we reached a small cabin.

"Here, let's go in." She says as the boy opens the wooden door.

We walked in and I saw a small kitchen along with a small couch and fireplace, there was a warm breeze and sweet smell.

"Lucas, go get the first aid kit from the bedroom." The lady tells the boy.

"Yes mama." He says before running down a small hallway.

The lady carried me to the couch and I sat down on it.

"Here, wrap this around yourself, and warm up. I'll make you some hot cocoa." She tells me as she hands me a blanket and walks away to the kitchen.

I wrap the blanket around my body and focus my gaze on the fireplace that had a small fire going. It reminded me of when Paxton set the barn on fire.

I smiled through my tears before looking down my lap, my beautiful green dress was ruined.

I hear small footsteps get closer from the hallway and Lucas runs out holding a small first aid kit. He smiles at me as he walks over and places it on the small coffee table in front of me.

"What's your name?" He asks, his voice was a small and gentle voice.

"Ivy." I tell him.

"That's a pretty name." He says.

"Thank you." I say, smiling.

I hear another set of footsteps get closer and the lady walks towards us holding a cup of hot cocoa. She hands it to me smiling brightly.

I thank her as I hold the warm mug in my cold, wet hands.

"Lucas, why don't you go read your book in the bedroom." She tells the boy.

"Okay mama" He says as he stands up. "Bye Ivy." He says to me before running back down the small hallway.

The lady sits on the edge of the coffee table in front of me as she opens the first aid kit up.

She pulls out some cotton balls and ointment and looks at me.

"May I?" She asks point to the hem of my dress.

I nod.

She lifts the dress up slowly up to my thigh, revealing the wound that had the green fabric from my dress wrapped on it from when Paxton tried to hold the blood back.

She slowly unwrapped the fabric and placed it on the table.

"Can I keep the fabric?" I ask her.

It was the last thing Paxton touched.

She didn't question it and handed it to me.

I held it tight to my lap, and tried my best to hold my tears back.

She suddenly gasped and I looked up to see her looking down at my bullet wound.

"You were shot?" She questions as she looks up at me.

I nod.

She digs through the kit again and pulls tweezers out.

"This is gonna hurt a bit." She warns me before sticking the tweezer into the wound.

I wince in pain, I squeeze the fabric in my hand as I lean my head back against the couch.

"There." I hear her say.

I look up and see her holding the tweezers up with the bullet held between it.

She places the bullet on a small napkin before taking a cotton ball and putting some of the ointment on it.

She gently dabs at the wound, it stung really bad but I bit my lip and made sure to not make too much sound.

She finished cleaning the wound and then proceeded to wrap gauze around my leg.

She gathered all of her things and placed it back into the kit and looked up at me.

"There you go." She tells me.

I smile at her.

"Thank you." I say.

"Of course." She says as she gets up.

"Do you want me to clean the fabric for you?" She gestures to the piece of my green dress in my hands.

I nod and hand it to her.

"Finish your hot cocoa while I get this cleaned for you, and then you take some rest." She tells me.

I nod before she begins to walk away.

"What's your name?" I asked her before she walked away.

"Elenor, but you can call me Elle." She says as she turns around to look at me.

I smile and nod.

She returns the gesture and walks away.

I look down at my lap, and let the tears slip down onto my wet dress.

I was supposed to die. Paxton was supposed to live. Where was he? What did they do with him?