Chapter 46

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ivy,

It's weird for me to write love letters but this is the only way I'll be able to say the things I couldn't say to you that night after the accident. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for hurting you. I knew I shouldn't have touched you, I should've listened to your dad. I'm gone now, Ivy. You won't ever see me again, maybe it's for the best. I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss the way you laughed, the way you talked, and the way you helped me. I don't want you to forget me but I'm afraid it's the only way you'll be happy. I want you to be happy, Ivy. If I could go back to the day I met you, I would tell you how much you mean to me. How you made me feel things I didn't know I was capable of feeling. You've impacted my life in so many different ways. You taught me so many things. I've never been in love. You are my first ever love and I hope to be your last, even if we might never see each other again. Thank you for everything. Do one thing for me, Ivy. Be happy. Live your life. Do the things that make you happy and only do them for you, not for anyone else. That's what your mother would have wanted. That's what I want. That night when I looked over at you and saw the cuts and bruises all over your body. I knew it was because of me. I put you in that position, I brought you inside my house and took you with me in that car. But watching you there, not moving one bit, made me realize that I could never have you. When I felt my heart shatter to a million pieces at the sight of you being hurt because of me. That pain and guilt enveloped me. You were my light. You were my love. You were my everything.

I love you, my beautiful tesorina.

I'll never stop.

May death do us apart.

- the guy who shouldn't have touched her

I feel everything inside me start to fall apart as I read the words on the piece of paper in my hands. It was left on my bed once I got back from the hospital. He was gone. I lost him. Tears run down my face as I close my eyes shut.

I felt sick. I felt like I wasn't able to move. He's gone. He's with William somewhere far away. No one will help him with his cuts and bruises. Sobs leave my mouth and more tears start running down my face.

"Ivy?" I hear my dad's voice.

I look up and see him standing in my bedroom doorway.

"Go away!" I yell.

"Ivy." He whispers.

"NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shout as I walk up to him and slam the door in his face.

I fall back against the door and cry harder.

"Come back, Paxton. Please. I need you." I cry in between sobs.

"Don't leave me." I sob harder.

I hold my head in my hands and feel my heartache in pain.

"Why'd you leave?" I cry.

"I love you." I whisper.