Chapter 21

"I can't believe I'm actually trusting them." I tell Paxton as I pack my clothes in my black suitcase.

"We don't have a choice at this point, it's either that or we all die." Paxton replies as he spins in my desk chair.

I was packing for Wisconsin right now, it's been a few days since my injury so I healed perfectly fine. It's been awkward living with my dad. I can't even look him in the eyes, so I've been pretty much ignoring him all the time.

I sigh as I fold more of my clothes.

"We'll be fine tesorina." Paxton reassures.

"Yeah, your right."

I place my clothes in my suitcase and sip it up, I pull it off my bed and place it on the ground next to my bed.

"Do you have all of your stuff packed?" I asked Paxton.

"Yup, all my stuff is downstairs." He replies as he spins really fast in the chair.

I grab my backpack and throw it over my shoulder while I pull up the handle to my suitcase.

"Ready." I tell Paxton.

Paxton stops spinning and stands up, trying to catch his balance.

"I think I spun too fast." He says as he tries to focus his eyes on me.

I roll my eyes and make my way to my bedroom door.

"Idiot." I mutter as I walk out.
"That's mean!" I hear Paxton call out from behind me.

I walk down the stairs holding my stuff when my dad walks into my view smiling at me.

"Here let me help you with your stuff." He offers.

"No I got it." I respond.

He sighs and steps back.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and look up to see Paxton making his way down the stairs holding Pride and Prejudice.

"Seriously? Do you really need that?" I ask him.

"Yes. It would make a good weapon, don't you think?" He replies as he reaches me.

I roll my eyes and look back at my dad and William.

"Your car is all warmed up." William tells us.

"Great, ready to go tesorina?" Paxton asks, looking down at me.

"Yup." I reply.

Paxton grabs his stuff and walks out the front door with me right behind him.

Once we're out on the porch I feel a warm breeze, it was starting to warm up outside. I smiled, I love summer. The nice warm air and the nice warm sunlight shining down on my skin when I tanned.

"Ivy wait." I hear my dad call from behind me.

I sighed and turned around to look at him.

"I don't want you to leave like this. Please." My dad begs.

I look back at the car and see Paxton placing his stuff into the trunk.

"Look dad, I really have to go." I reply before walking towards Paxton with my stuff.

"What did he want?" Paxton asked in a soft voice so no one would hear him.

"Nothing." I replied as I handed him my suitcase to put into the trunk.

"Did you bring the extra guns?" I asked him, trying to change the subject.

"Yup, already in the car." He answers as he closes the trunk.

I walk to the passenger seat door and get in, I throw my backpack in the back seat before looking at the porch. My dad wasn't standing there anymore, neither was William.

"Ready?" Paxton asks.

I look over at him nod.

He smiles before backing out of the driveway.