Chapter 53

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~

I sit on the couch and lean my head back, keeping my focus on the wooden ceiling above me. I came back to Elenor's pretty late last night, I just sat at a random park and cried for hours. I felt sick, my eyes were puffy from crying so much and my hands still hurt from falling yesterday. Elenor tried offering to help me but I told her it was fine. I felt bad for pushing her away like that but I really didn't anyone's pity right now. It was dark outside, it was pretty late. Everyone was asleep and I just couldn't sleep. I didn't even eat anything other than drinking a cup of coffee to keep me awake.

"Ivy?" I hear Elenor's sweet gentle voice.

I lifted my head and turned it towards the small hallway and saw her standing there in her nightgown looking at me.

I didn't say anything and she came and sat next to me on the couch.

"Did I wake you?" I ask her, in a small whisper to make sure I didn't wake up Lucas.

"No, I just wanted to see if you were okay." She tells me.

I nod before looking down at my lap.

"Do you think he's alive?" Elenor blurts out.

I look at her and frown.

"What?" I question.

"Paxton. I know you've been looking for him." She answers.

I stare at her not sure what to say, how did she know?

"I know he's alive." I admit.

"I know how it feels to lose someone you love." She says as she looks down at her feet.

I don't say anything and wait for her to go on.

"I lost my husband a year ago, he was killed in a car accident. I was devastated, especially Lucas, he was very close to his father. After he died, I thought it would be best we move out here. My husband built this a while back, he loved architecture. He wanted all of us to move here, and be around all this nature." She explained.

I watched her eyes fill with tears and I swiftly pulled her into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry, Elle." I whisper into her ear.

She holds me tight, as she lets out small sobs.

"Ever since you moved in, the house hasn't felt that empty. Lucas enjoys your company so much." She tells me.

I smile.

I want to be there for Elenor and Lucas, I want to help them the way they helped me.

"I'll be here as long as I can." I tell her as we pull apart.

She smiles at me.

"Let me tell you one thing Ivy, you don't love to be loved. Love is something selfless, it should be done wanting nothing in return." She explains.

I sat there and sank in her words, she was right about everything.