Chapter 10

I sat on the hotel room bed staring down at my plan to kill our next victim. I tried to understand how to kill him without anyone else seeing. I hate when people watch me kill. I still regret shooting that officer in front of all those people and kids.

"You've been staring at that piece of paper for the last hour. I'm bored." Paxton complained

"Well, we need to figure out a way to kill Randy." I replied my eyes still focused on the plan.

"Why don't you take a break?" Paxton suggested.

I look at Paxton who was laying in the bed holding himself up with his elbow.

"I have an idea." He says smirking.

"What?" I ask.

"We go explore the city." He whispers.

I roll my eyes and push him away making him laugh.

"No, we can't." I reply looking back at my plan.

"Whyyyy?" He groans.

"We need to focus."

"You're so boring." Paxton complains.

I roll my eyes.

"I hate you."

"No you don't." He says laying on his back with his eyes closed.

I sighed.

"Paxton, we need to figure this out. We're running out of time." I advised.

"Don't worry tesorina, we have till the end of the day." Paxton tried to reassure.

"That's not enough time." I snapped.

"Calm down." He says sitting up.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I objected. "Why can't you take anything seriously?" I added.

"I take my job very seriously Ivy!" He huffed.

"Your bluffing." I said as I got up and grabbed my jacket.

"Where are you going?" Paxton questioned.

"I'm gonna kill him. With or without you." I announced, grabbing my knife and gun.

I walked out of the room and started towards the stairs.

"Ivy!" I hear Paxton call.

I ignored him and rushed down the long flight of stairs.

Calm down? He's seriously telling me to calm down. Who the heck does he think he is? He doesn't understand anything. Why did my dad have to make me work with him?

I finally reached the bottom floor and walked into the lobby.

I stormed out of the hotel building and looked for a taxi.

"Ivy?" I hear a familiar voice.

I turn to the voice and see Harry standing there smiling at me.

"Harry, hi." I reply.

"Is everything okay? You look tense." He questioned.

"Uh- yeah, I-I'm just in a rush." I stuttered.

"Oh, maybe I can give you a ride? I just got off of work for a bit." He requested.

I thought for a minute.

"Sure, thank you." I answered.

"Great follow me, my car's over here." He led me through the parking lot till we reached his white truck.

He opened the passenger door for me while smiling at me.

Just as I was climbing into the car, I heard someone yell.

"Hey!" The familiar voice yells.

I look toward the other side of the parking lot to see Paxton storming down towards us.

"Where do you think you're going?!" He barked at me, as he finally got up to us.

"Away from you." I answer.

"She needed a ride." Harry interrupted.

"Don't you think I can do it?!" Paxton continued to yell.

"Dude just calm down." Harry said.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Take a hint, she's going with me!" He snapped.

I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't do anything!" Harry shouts back.

"Cut the crap! You've nothing but an obnoxious annoying guy since the moment we got here! Trying to be "friends" with us. Well, guess what. We don't need your pity or any of that." Paxton shouts.

"Maybe if you didn't treat her like crap all the time!" Harry yelled.

"I never treated her like crap!" Paxton yelled back.

"I saw her walk out of the building! It was obvious she was upset. No doubt that you probably did something!" Harry objected.

"That's it." Paxton blurts out before charging at Harry.

I gasp.

They both hit the concrete ground and start punching each other.

"Paxton!" I yell.

They continue to punch one another.

"Get off of him!" I shout trying to pull Paxton off Harry.

"You're crazy! Get off me!" Harry growls.

Harry pushes Paxton into the side of his truck making Paxton hit his head against it.

"Guys stop!" I yell again.

Before Paxton can get another punch at Harry I pull him back.

"Stop!" I yell at him.

He looks at me and back at Harry who was trying to get up. He had blood coming from his mouth and nose. I looked at his hands which were bruised.

"Go inside Harry, please." I pleaded.

Harry nodded before walking back toward the building.

I looked down and Paxton who was bleeding on his head and he busted his lip.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

Paxton closed his eyes and leaned his head back against Harry's truck and nodded.

I looked at him, I was scared.

What if I didn't stop them? He got so defensive about me. Did that mean he cared about me? Why was I so worried about him getting hurt?

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I asked.

He shook his head, his eyes still closed.

"Paxton?"

I watched him trying to take deep breaths.

All of sudden he swiftly moved toward me and embraced me.

"I'm sorry Ivy. I didn't mean to hurt you, and I definitely didn't mean to make you angry." He said as he held me.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him and instantly felt a warm feeling through my body.

"It's okay." I replied as I rested my head on his shoulder.

He pulled away and I felt and the warm feeling left my body. I didn't want to let go.

He smiled at me.

I smiled back.

"Let's get you inside. I can help clean your cuts." I said as I helped him get up.

"Thanks." He said as he got up to his feet.