Chapter 74

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

I play with the small lighter in my hand and watch the flame go up and down. I listen to my stupid uncle talk to the man seated across from us.

"Great work you've done here, Moore." My uncle tells the man.

"Thank you, William. It's mostly because of my daughter." Mr. Moore tells my uncle.

"Ah yes. You have a daughter. I almost forgot." William voices.

I roll my eyes as I keep playing with the lighter.

"Yes, I do. She's helped me a lot throughout the years." Moore tells my uncle.

"Will we get to meet her?" William questions.

"Yes, of course. I'm sure Paxton and her will get along." Moore says.

I move my gaze to Moore and give him a fake smile.

Why was he even acting all nice to me? He hates me.

Why did my uncle tell me not to touch her? James's daughter.

I don't even know his daughter. Why do I have to stay away from her?

I don't want to meet his stupid daughter, I couldn't care less about his daughter. She's probably one of those girls who use their daddy's money and goes to parties and throws herself at guys.

"I'm sure they will." William says.

"I doubt it." I finally spoke up.

I feel William nudge me in the arm making me glare up at him.

"Can we go?" I complain.

"No." William answers.

I roll my eyes and sulk back into the leather chair.

I hear a small ding from Moore's cellphone, I look up at him and see him looking down at his phone.

"That's my daughter. She finished her mission, she should be here soon." He explains.

I sigh before going back to playing with my small lighter.

William and Moore continue to talk about their work and some upcoming mission that had to do with the government. I zone out for a bit before I hear the sounds of heels tapping against the ground, I move my gaze to the door and notice that it was coming from outside, in the hallway.

"So Paxton," Moore begins.

I turn back around and look at him.

"I wanted to-" He gets cut off by another voice.

"I shot that guy right in the forehead perfectly!" I hear the voice cheer.

I turn around and my eyes meet forest-green ones. I moved my gaze down her body and back up to her eyes and smirked at her, she was beautiful. Her black slick hair fell down over her shoulders, and as her eyes met mine I felt chills. I needed to know this girl. I move my gaze to her hands and notice bruises and cuts. I didn't like that. It made me angry, her skin is perfect, it shouldn't have all of those cuts and bruises. I stare at the huge bruise under her eye. I want to drag her out of this office and demand her to take me to the person who did that to her.

I knew this girl. Where did I know her? Those green eyes, her voice, I knew them.

"Ivy. I'm glad you finished your mission, but we have guests." Mr. Moore states.

I watch as she walks towards her dad and stops right next to him. Mr. Moore introduces her to my uncle and she makes a joke about the blood on her hands that makes me laugh. I keep my gaze on her the whole time, afraid she wasn't real and she'd disappear. William introduces me and I wave at her flirtatiously.

"Hello, beautiful." I said to her.

William nudges me in my arm again making me roll my eyes.

That doesn't stop me from staring at her. I watch her lips as she complains to her dad about something. I wonder what they taste like, those soft, pink lips She gets annoyed at something her dad said and walks towards the door.

"Ivy Moore. You are taking him home with you." He demands.

He was talking about me. I was going home with her. With her.

I don't even know this girl and I know I'm already in love with her

I hold my smile in and look at her. She looks at me and tells me to come with her.

I get up from my seat and start towards the door but stop when I feel someone grip my wrist. I look down and see William holding onto my wrist.

"Don't do any funny business with that girl." He says to me.

"Don't tell me what to do." I tell him as I pull my wrist from his grip.

I walk out of the office and make my way towards her.

Ivy Moore.

I need you.

I want you.

Ivy Moore.

I'm gonna make sure no one ever hurts you.

I'm gonna make sure no one lays a hand on you.

Ivy Moore.

I'm gonna make sure you fall in love with me.

I'm gonna make sure you know how much I love you.

I won't ever stop loving you.

Ivy Moore.

No one can have you.

You're mine.

Only mine.