Chapter 65

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~

"You live in the woods?" Alek asks as I guide him through all the trees.

It was Saturday night and he took me on a picnic and then we went and watched a movie. It was pretty late so Alek insisted he walks me home so I thought he could meet Elenor and Lucas.

We reached the small cabin and I placed the spare key Elle gave through the keyhole, I pushed the door open and I heard the sounds of small chatter.

"Come." I tell Alek.

We walk in and I see Elenor and Lucas sitting on the living room floor reading books together.

She looks up at us and smiles.

"Omg! I didn't know we were having guests over." She cheers as she stands up.

"Oh no, I was dropping Ivy off." He tells her.

Elenor smiles and nods.

"Alek this is Elenor, Elenor this is Alek."  I introduce.

"Nice to meet you." Alek says as he shakes Elle's hand.

"Oh and this is Lucas." I say as I point to Lucas who was smiling at us.

"Hi Lucas." Alek greets.

Lucas waves at him.

"Did you guys eat?" Elle asks.

"Yeah, I'm stuffed." I tell her.

She laughs.

"Well, I better get going." Alek announces.

"Do you need help finding the road?" I ask him.

"No, I remember." He tells me.

He says his goodbyes to Elle and Lucas and I walk him out the door. I close the door behind me as we walk out.

"Thanks for today." I say to him.

He looks at me and smiles.

"Glad you had fun."

I smile at him.

Alek takes a step forward and closes the gap in between us. I placed my hand on the side of his cheek as our lips moved in sync, it didn't feel the way I expected it to feel. It didn't feel the way it felt when I kissed Paxton for the first time.

He pulls away and smiles down before disappearing into the trees.

Paxton, Paxton, Paxton.

I sigh before walking back inside. The living room was empty and all the lights except for the living room were turned off.

I changed into some comfy clothes and laid on the couch trying to fall asleep.

It's been a year since I've seen him. I moved on, I'm with Alek. Paxton's gone. I'm gonna celebrate my birthday with Alek tomorrow, not Paxton. Alek.

I want to celebrate it with Paxton. I want to do everything with Paxton.

Paxton. Paxton. Paxton.

      I wake up to the bright sunlight shining down on my face, I groan as I slowly open my eyes to see familiar faces.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hear people cheer.

I move my gaze around me and see Alek, Elle, and Lucas wearing party hats and cheering. I sat up and looked around and saw a giant happy birthday banister hanging from the fireplaces, I was surrounded by balloons.

I look at everything in awe.

"Guys, thank you so much." I tell them.

"Happy birthday, Ivy!" Lucas cheers as he gives me a hug.

"Thank you, Lucas." I say.

I stand up and Elenor embraces me and wishes me a happy birthday, I thank her.

Alek does the same but places a kiss on my lips instead.

"Go get ready, Alek is going to take you shopping." Elle announces.

"Shopping?" I question.

"Yup." Alek cheers.

     I step into the shower and feel the warm water run down my head and face.

Happy Birthday, tesorina.

I close my eyes and feel tears slip down my face and wash away with the warm water.

Hold it together, Ivy.

I run my hands through my wet hair, and try my best not to think about Paxton.

I finish showering and put on a black crop top along with a leather jacket.

   Alek and I walk down the sidewalks and look through different stores. I picked up some cute jeans and some heels.

"I'm starving." I complain.

"Where do you wanna eat, birthday girl?" Alek questions.

"McDonalds." I answer.

"McDonalds?" He asks.

"Yup." I confirm.

"Okay, whatever you say, bookworm." Alek jokes.

This one's for you, Paxton Clark.

   Alek and I pick up my birthday cake and head back to Elenor's. I sit down at the dining table and stare at my candles.

"Make a wish." Lucas whispers into my ear.

I let out a small laugh before blowing my candles out.

Paxton, Paxton, Paxton.

Everyone starts singing and clapping while I cut my cake.

I stare down at my cake and smile.

Finally 20.

Happy birthday to me.