Chapter 52

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear tesorina,

I had a dream about you, it felt so real. I held you again, you were in my arms. You said something that you were still here. I didn't understand anything, you told me you missed me. The dream got worse, you died in front of my eyes. You blamed me for all of your pain. Did I hurt you, Ivy? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore, I feel weak. I can't be weak, I'm Paxton Clark. I can't be weak. Part of me hates that I'm relying on you for my happiness, but part of me loves that you are my happiness. Did I ever tell you how much I love your green eyes? Well, I love your eyes.

-the guy who loves the color green

I walk through the tall trees, my hand slowly brushing against the bark. I silently hum to myself as I walk farther and farther. I finally walked out from the trees to the cliff that viewed a big beautiful waterfall. I saw a girl in a long emerald-colored dress. Her pitch-black hair blowing back as the breeze of the cold wind hit her. I smile.

"Glad you waited for me." I announce.

She turns around and I meet her big bright green eyes, she smiles at me before running into my arms.

"I missed you." She whispers as she places her ear against my chest.

I wrap my arms around her and hold her as tight as possible.

"I missed you more." My lips brush against her temple.

She pulls away and looks at me.

"I'm still here." She voiced.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I'll always be here, Paxton." She tells me.

I frown at her, confused by what she was saying.

"I never left." She adds.

"I love you, you idiot." She says.

I sink in her words, I've heard those same words before, out of the same mouth.

"And I love you, my beautiful tesorina." I reply.

She lets out a small laugh.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"What?" I question.

All of a sudden I heard a loud boom followed by her scream. I look down at her dress and see blood seeping through.

"Ivy!" I yell.

I watch her hit the ground and behind her I see a familiar face standing there with a gun.

"William?" I question.

"Say goodbye, Paxton." He says before dragging Ivy's body towards the edge of the cliff.

"Ivy! No! Stop!" I shout.

I tried to run to her, but I wasn't able to move. My body was stuck in one place.

WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!

"Paxton! This is all your fault! You did this! You're a selfish jerk!" I hear Ivy yell.

I couldn't see anything anymore, I closed my eyes shut trying to block everything out.

No! No! NO! Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!

"YOU DID THIS TO ME! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!" I hear her shout again.

Paxton, it's fake. Don't listen.

"I HATE YOU!" I hear her finally yell.

NO! IVY! STOP! I LOVE YOU!

I scream her name and jolt up. I look around me and see that I was in the prison cell, I was covered in sweat and I couldn't breathe.

"Ivy? Ivy!" I shouted.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" A security guard yells at me.

I look through the bars of my cell and see the guard shining a flashlight at me.

"She's here! She's alive!" I yell as I run to the bars.

The guard jumps back and looks at me frightened.

"I need her." I sob.

I hold the cold bars in my hand trying to push them, to let me out.

"Please. I saw her. She hates me." I croak out.

"Go to bed, idiot." The guard snaps.

"I can't! She's out there. I need to see her!" I yell.

Suddenly the guard pulls out a taser and tases me right in the leg.

I scream in pain before falling down against the bars.

"Now you can go to bed." The guard says before walking away.

I groan in pain and hold my leg.

She's here, I know she is.