Chapter 67

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~~

1 year later

~~~~~~~~~~

I wipe down all the tables and clean up all the dirty dishes.

"Alright, I'm leaving Anthony!" I call out as I pull my leather jacket on.

I watch Anthony walk into the break room and smile at me.

"Thank's Ivy, be safe." He tells me as he throws a towel over his shoulder.

"Anytime, Anthony." I say as I grab my purse.

I walk out of the restaurant and I'm hit with the warm L.A breeze.

I pull out my phone and see a bunch of messages and missed calls from Alek asking why I wasn't responding.

"God, clingy much." I mutter to myself.

I quickly sent him a message so he'd leave me alone.

Sorry, just got off work. Heading home now, I'll call you tomorrow.

I sigh before putting my phone in my pocket and walking home.

I was working late shifts as a waitress since I had trouble falling asleep at night. I've been saving up for a car since it was dangerous for me to walk home late at night. I helped Elenor pay bills and take care of Lucas. Alek was really bugging me as usual, we were officially dating but he was extremely clingy. He always needed to know where I was , who I was with, what I was doing. I hated it.

I walk through all the tall trees till I reach the cabin, I place my key through the keyhole and push open the door quietly. I close the door and try my best not to make a sound so no one would wake up. Elenor gave me Lucas's old bedroom since Lucas barely used it, so I made sure to decorate and make it comfortable for me. I walked into my room and threw my jacket off. I changed out of my uniform into some sweatpants and a white crop top.

I grab a book and lay in bed and start to read when I feel my stomach start to grumble. I haven't eaten anything since lunch and it was already 2 in the morning.

I could use some gas station snacks.

I smile to myself before grabbing a sweater and my phone.

I walked down the wet pavement towards the gas station, the streets weren't completely empty. I reached the gas station and walked in, there was a man with a long beard sitting at the checkout desk eating chips while watching the news on the TV that was placed from the top of the ceiling.

He looks at me and then back to the TV.

I grab a basket and make my way through the aisles of snacks, I throw some chips and skittles in the basket.

"It's been a year since the killer Paxton Clark has been arrested." I hear the news reporter say.

I feel my heart drop as I hear those words. I turn my head towards the TV screen and see a video of Paxton walking into the courtroom in an orange jumpsuit while two cops hold his hands in handcuffs.

"Clark, eligible, got into another fight with another prisoner. Reporters are unsure what caused the fight but many people aren't surprised that he was in another fight." The reporter explains.

I move my gaze to the bottom of the screen and read the location.

"MCC Chicago, Federal Bureau of Prisons"

He's in Chicago.

I drop all of my stuff and sprint out of the gas station.

I ran as fast as I could back to Elenor's.