Chapter 69

Ivy Moore

~~~~~~~~

I walk down the hallway carrying bags of clothes for Paxton, I stop in front of our room and pull the keycard and unlock the door. I walk in and hear the sound of the shower running.

"Paxton! I got you the clothes!" I call out.

"Place them on the bed!" He calls back.

I place the shopping bags down on the bed next to Paxton's orange jumpsuit. I lift the jumpsuit up to move it but instead, a bunch of papers falls out of the pocket.

I frown as I lift them up and open them.

I sit on the edge of the bed and begin reading what was written on the paper.

              Dear Ivy,

                                        I try to trick myself into thinking you're out in the world having fun, doing art, and making fun memories with your dad.

        You're dead. I hate that. You shouldn't be dead. I need you, Ivy. Come back. I love you.

I hate it here. All the prisoners around me treat me like I'm shit.

                                          You could've taught me some cool art tricks and when I'd fail you could make fun of me and you'd laugh at me. I love your laugh.

Dear tesorina,

-your idiot

I love you, more than you'll ever know

I had a dream about you, it felt so real.

You blamed me for all of your pain. Did I hurt you, Ivy?

-the guy who loves the color green

                                                  Ivy, my darling

that day in your dad's office when you walked through the doors all confident and cheering about how you killed that guy, I instantly fell for you.

                      I fell for you so hard, the way you talked, the way you walked, laughed, smiled, everything about you

-the guy who fell too hard

Everyone wants a love like ours, Ivy.

I knew it, Ivy.

I'm gonna smother you with kisses.

Happy Birthday, tesorina,

Am I crazy for thinking you're alive?