Chapter 42

Paxton Clark

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please. I'll give you the money, just don't kill me." The frightened man in front of me pleads.

I ignore him and shoot him in the chest.

"Get the money." I order my men.

They all run into the building and do what they are told.

I grab the red gasoline can and dump it over the body.

I pull the lighter Ivy got me and hover the flame over his shirt. The shirt flies up into the flames and spreads all over the body.

I sigh as I watch him burn to ashes.

It's been 3 weeks since I've said a word to Ivy or even looked at her. I couldn't look at her. Every time I do, it reminds me of how I hurt her. The blood on her hands when I pushed her.

I hear sirens go off and flashing blue and red lights in the distance.

"Go go!" I hear my men yell.

I quickly ran down the road towards the car as fast as I could.

"RUN!" I hear more men yell.

"HEY!" I hear a cop yell.

My adrenaline pumps throughout my body, I love it. I laugh to myself as I see the black car in the distance.

I jump into the driver's seat and start the car before speeding off.

I laugh as I watch all my men drive behind me. I look in the backseat and see bags of cash placed on the floor.

I smile to myself.

I speed down the streets and watch as the cars drive past me. I made a sharp turn before pulling into a parking lot of a building that was located in the middle of nowhere.

I step out and make my inside.

"Name, sir." A man in a tusk asks as I walk through the glass doors.

"Paxton Clark, I'm here to see Mr. Moore," I tell him.

"He's in his office, the third floor." He informs me.

I nod at him before walking to the elevators.

I know she told me not to tell him but I don't want to see Tristen touch her.

I reach the third floor and walk down a long hallway and pass by all his men walking around.

I stop in front of his office door and knock gently on the door.

"Come in." I hear his voice call from the other side of the door.

I take a deep breath before walking into the office.

James looks up from the papers in front of him and I can instantly tell that he was not happy to see me here.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He questions.

"I need to talk to you about something really important, sir." I tell him.

He glares at me.

"Please, you need to know about this." I plead.

He sighs before motioning me to sit in the chair across from him.

I sit down and look at him.

"It's about Tristen." I begin. "He's been hurting Ivy." I add.

"What?"

"That day on your driveway the reason I was beating him up was that I saw him slap her. I didn't know what happened between them but he hit her and I know it wasn't the first time." I explained to him.

He tenses up as he runs his hand around his chin.

"No need to worry about him anyway. I fired him and his dad yesterday." He admits.

"What? Why?" I question.

"They did something they weren't told to do." He answers.

I stare at him in shock.

"Thank you for telling me about this, I'll take care of him." He says.

I nod at him before standing up and making my way to the door.

"One more thing." He calls.

I turn around and face him.

"Thank you for protecting her but I don't want you near her again." He warns.

I nod before walking out.