Chapter Ten - In the Dark

C O R I N N E

I woke up from my nap confused as to where I was. Sitting up I was in the backseat of Kareem's car that was parked in front of Lyrics house and they'd left me in the car' I expected this from O'sage and Kareem but Dante was so flaw for this.

Opening the car door I got out rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. When I got to the front door I just pushed it open and they had stopped talking in the living room and watched me for a moment and Sage laughed.

"Little girl don't push my door open like that" Lyric snapped and I rolled my eyes making sure she saw and she held up the middle finger taking a seat on Kareem's lap as I closed the door stepping inside fully.

"Ain't none lil bout her ain't that right best friend?" Dante teased pulling me next to him on the couch and Lyric smacked her teeth loudly and mugged me.

"Back to what I was saying Walt been untouchable lately and this cat and mouse shit is getting irritating. So since the coward is in hiding we gon have to bring his ass out" Kareem stated and everyone agreed.

"How we suppose to do that? He don't even be at the strip club no more that's how scared he is" Sage said. He had more people after Kareem then before because he knew he was getting closer.

"Why is the lil hoe acting like she really doing something?" Lyric said and I laughed standing up and she did the same.

"Say something else and I promise to cave your fucking face in, hoe that bitch!" I snapped and she looked taken back before making the first move pushing me back and I punched her in the face.

She went for my hair pulling me down to the floor as I continued to swing and hit her. Kareem wrapped his arms around my waist picking me up and trying to separate us as she kept a full grip on my hair.

Dante went to pull her and O'sage was trying to untangle her fingers from my hair and when the finally got us apart I noticed I'd given her a welt on her forehead and couldn't help but laugh as Kareem man handled me out of the house.

I snatched out of his grip and he just stared at me with unreadable face and I looked away already knowing what he was going to say.

"Sorry for putting hands on your precious Lyric I didn't mean to disrespect your woman or whatever she is to you so feel free to yell so we can argue and stop talking for a few days" I sighed knowing the routine.

Kareem stood in front of me shirtless with his dreads hanging to his shoulders. It was obvious I was offended right now, she deserved what came to her I'm not one to sit and hold my tongue.

"You can't control who you care for man, I'm not mad just frustrated because I'm trying to keep my life and y'all more worried about the petty shit. What we got going on don't concern her and what her and I had don't concern you if she say some slick shit just let it go she got a slick ass mouth but you know how I feel about you so that shit should be irrelevant" he said glancing at the road watching cars pass by.

"I don't understand what part I'm suppose to play when you tell me one thing and continue to put in her mind you still want her. I've been hurt a lot and I don't want to be hurt by anyone especially you or I'll listen to Kennedy say I told you so" I sighed sadly.

"If I let it be known what's up with you and I you gon focus on the important shit?" He questioned and I shrugged taking his extended hand.

Lyric was holding ice on her head when we came inside Kareem retook his seat as I locked the door back.

He held his hand out and I walked closer as he pulled me on to his lap wrapping his arms securely around my waist and he and the guys started back talking again.