Chapter Twenty One - Envy

C O R I N N E

I peeked around the corner at my mom. She was in her bed watching TV and I glanced back at Kareem who motioned for me to go inside the hospital room and by the time I was fully in I glanced behind me and he wasn't there.

"You kill people for a living but you're afraid of my mom" I said lowly under my breath catching my mothers attention. She motioned for me to come over to her and I slowly took a few steps to her knowing when I was younger she used to do stuff like this and as soon as I got close enough she'd snatch me.

"You're stomach is bloated, the woman and our family carry pregnancy well and you'll more than likely start showing early" she said looking me over.

I was five weeks now and my first prenatal visit wasn't until the week after. I took a seat on my mothers bed and she touched my stomach growing teary eyed.

"I didn't want this for you so early, I wanted you to do it the right way" she sniffled making me almost grow teary eyed but I held it in.

"Knowing that makes everything worse. Isis and I are fighting right now she threw out my clothes last week and called me to come and get them and when I got there they smelled like piss and she had guys peeing on them. I had to go shopping for all knew stuff" I sighed and my mom shook her head.

"She's a spiteful bitch, I don't know how she turned out the way she did but I didn't raise her like that" she said rubbing my hand.

Hearing footsteps I looked up watching Kareem walk in drinking a water. He took a seat awkwardly and my mom watched him.

"How old is Lyric?" She asked him and he lowered the water bottle from his mouth and looked at me but I just shrugged. Before I found out I was pregnant I was crying to my mom about what she'd done to me.

"Twenty two, but acts like a teenager" he said and my mom pursed her lips together. I could tell she was upset about all of this, what parent wouldn't be.

"She's to grown to be fighting like this with my daughter, she knows better. I don't want Corrine to be pregnant but she is and she knows I don't believe in abortion. Females kill over men all the time so I'm asking you make sure no harm comes to my child and my grand child" my mom said before coughing.

"I understand, that's why I keep them separate" he said nervously pulling at one of his locks my mom sat up some and I knew she was about to question him.

"So what are you're plans? My daughters pregnant and you're expecting with someone else what do you plan to do and how are you going to balance time between two pregnant woman?" She asked and I gave her a look.

"Well Corrine and I are together so it's obvious I'd be involved in her pregnancy more. I'll still take Lyric to her appointments and help her out with things, like we're finding out the sex soon so I'll probably help her with the nursery as far as plans go I don't know what you mean" Kareem admitted.

"Do you plan to marry my baby one day? What happens when there's a point in time when both of them equally need you like say for an example Corrine goes into labor but your baby with the other woman is very sick and being rushed to the emergency room and you had to make that choice. Would it be fair to be present one child's birth and not the others?" She questioned and I faced palmed myself.

"Regardless of who the mother is I'd be there for the child that was sick, especially if I didn't know what was wrong. My kids would come before my relationship and Corrine would have to accept that" Kareem said and I could feel his eyes on me as I averted my eyes elsewhere.

"That was a good answer, I know you don't want to hear it Corrine but there's going to be times you can't have him to yourself especially when that baby comes. If this conversation is about to make you upset imagine how it'll be when reality hits" she said and I sighed loudly.