Chapter Thirteen - Regrets

K A R E E M

"You smell good" Lyric blushed taking a seat next to me. I took a sip of the alcohol before resting my arm behind the couch taking in the short mini dress she was wearing in the club.

"Go get me another drink" I ordered finishing the rest of the alcohol in the glass. She got up looking annoyed as I sat the glass on the table and turned back to the overview of the club owned by that Italian guy named Angel we were suppose to kill.

Leaning on the balcony I spotted Corrine downstairs dancing with him. Dante was near her at the bar and when he saw me he nodded signaling everything was going as planned.

"You don't seem like yourself tonight" O'Sage pointed out placing his hand on my shoulder. Feeling arms wrap around my waist I glanced behind me at some drunk Spanish girl that had been watching me all evening.

"Just not feeling like clubbing tonight. I just celebrated my dead mothers birthday" I replied with a shrug as I pushed the girl from off of me and watched Corrine take Angel's hand leading him towards the back.

Tapping Sage I nodded towards her and we split up. He went towards the back exit and I walked down the steps heading down from V.I.P.

Trying to keep Corrine in my view I had to pick up speed swerving through people. Before I could even get close I was restrained by a security guard.

"That's private for the boss only" he said shoving me back and I fell to the floor. Glancing around a crowed began to form cheering for the tall Italian.

Standing to my feet my hand grazed the gun I had on me but I decided against it. To many witnesses around I had to play it more smart.

Smiling politely I dusted myself off before punching him in the face sending him stumbling back. I delivered a kick to his groin and he bent over before running into me.

He picked me up and tackled me over the liquor counter running us into the female bartender who shrieked at all the glass bottles that had been knocked over.

I hoped O'Sage had caught up to them by now. I continued to swing hitting the security guard in the face and struggled with him on the ground as he tried to hold a glass bottle to my throat.

Using my knee because I was under him I kneed him in his nuts and he dropped off of me and held himself.

Standing up I could feel the cut on the side of my face and my lip was bleeding. I kicked the guard in the face at full force knocking him out.

Stumbling over the counter I bumped into Lyric who watched the whole thing. She attempted to help me but I brushed her off limping out the back exit of the club where Sage and Dante stomped out the target.

Corrine stood off to the side playing with her hands awkwardly. I walked over to her draping my arm over he shoulder to keep balance.

"What happened to you?" She questioned cupping my face and I laughed it off looking into her concerned eyes.

"They about to start looking for him grab him and let's go" I ordered tossing Lyric my car keys. She rushed ahead to get the car as the Italian on the ground groaned.

"When my people find out about this your all dead. They'll hunt you down and kill your entire family" he said through gritted teeth.

"My family is dead" I said blankly not counting my distant cousin. Licking my lower lip I could taste the iron from the blood.

The back door of the club was kicked open and I reached for the gun in my pants pulling it out. About four Italian men in suits exited out the back heavily armed.