Chapter Sixteen - Complicated

Three weeks later

C O R I N N E

"Why'd you lie to me?" Isis asked folding her arms. I laid in her bed with period cramps and just wanted to die, I didn't want to talk to her and I'd been avoiding it for the passed three weeks but now she was questioning me again.

"I knew you wouldn't understand, I thought I love him but he didn't love me" I sighed as my eyes grew watery and she slowly sat down.

"Look fuck him alright? Team up with me and we can kill him and Walt and take all the money for ourselves" she smiled and I shook my head.

"I want no parts in this Isis, I don't want him to suffer even if he hurt me" I sniffled and she pushed my hair out of my face.

"You really loved him?" She asked quietly as she calmed down. I nodded chewing on my lower lip wishing I didn't feel the way I did.

"It hurts and I don't want to talk about it. Lyric would probably be enjoying this and that's what hurts the most. He chose her and not me, even after I gave him my virginity he didn't care enough to stay" I sighed covering my face as tears began to fall.

"When I lost my virginity the guy was rough and didn't even care about me after" she sighed laying down with me.

She'd been acting hostile towards me for three weeks and I'd felt so alone. Now she was acting like she cared again and I didn't know if it was genuine or not.

As much as I hated to admit Kennedy was there when it mattered, along with Dante even though I refused to see them or O'Sage.

"I'm making a doctors appointment for you, you shouldn't of had sex with him raw especially if he got another girl pregnant. Him sleeping with her raw and her sleeping with other people raw could transfer back to you" Isis warned and I nodded slowly.

I hugged one of her pillows tightly staring at the flat screen that was turned off. My phone started to ring as Isis got out of bed and began to get dressed.

"Hello?" I answered O'Sages call with a shaky voice. He said something to Dante in the background and they argued for a quick moment.

"We got a job to do, when you want us to pick you up?" Sage asked and I shook my head like he could seem me.

"I don't want to go, please just leave me alone" I sniffled and he sighed dramatically like he'd been doing every time I'd turned him down.

"Fuck Lyric aight don't let her get to you. Crying ain't in your blood Corrine because the more you cry the more the situation will stay the same. Don't let them ruin your happiness and stop you from making money. Show it doesn't effect you" he said sternly.

"But it does hurt, it hurts so bad and I don't know when it'll stop" I cried and Isis took clothes from her drawer before going into the bathroom to get ready for work.

"We gon be there in ten minutes, get dressed" he demanded before hanging up. I slowly got out of bed holding in my cries.

I was dressed in a over sized knitted sweater and leggings. I stole a pair of Isis's socks before putting my feet into a pair of shoes.

Grabbing my phone I walked back into my bedroom and got the house keys before leaving out. Taking my time I walked down to the bottom of the steps and waited staring at the sky.

"Be home before I get off of work" Isis demanded walking passed me. She didn't wait for my response as she got in her car and started it up.

I watched her pull off before staring down at me feet kicking in a dirt pile of ants. It was around nine at night and I was planning on making tea and trying to go to sleep to block out the cramps I was having.