Chapter Seven - Forbidden Emotions Part Two

C O R I N N E

I slipped on a pair of converse and grabbed my plaid jacket wrapping it around my waist before it got cold. It was my cue to leave before Isis got back from shopping or Kareem popped up out of the blue.

I wanted to go visit my mother in secret, not because I had any reason to hide it but because I didn't feel like hearing Isis throw in her two cents.

As I got to the front door I opened it and regretted it once I saw Kareem leaning against the stair railing smoking. He didn't turn to look at me because he already knew who was behind him.

I closed the door behind me and locked it in case he decided to leave which he normally did. The only time he actually came inside was when he needed to sleep or shower but he did that at Lyric's house as well.

Walking passed him I began to walk down the steps before giving him a glance noticing he was watching me. He blew the smoke out of the corner of his mouth before dropping his black and peering up at the sun shielding his eyes.

"Where you bout to go?" He questioned taking in my wardrobe and I shrugged watching him pat his pockets before tossing a key to me.

"Since you about to go out I figured you can stop by that place you did that hit and pick up your money" he said making me remember about when I shot and killed the mayor. The news hadn't stopped talking about it and it was making me cringe.

Slowly nodding I went to walk away but stopped turning to look at him. Kareem's gaze was so intimidating I could barely focus.

"Can you give me a ride to St Mary's hospital? I need to visit my mom" I said lowly and he shifted growing uncomfortable.

"You can't take a bus?" He questioned and I fake smiled and went to walk away but he grabbed my arm so I'd stop walking.

"I got you c'mon" he mumbled walking past as his phone began to ring. By the time we got to his car a few streets over he was on the phone with Lyric and it sounded like she was begging him for something but he was telling her no.

I climbed inside listening to him cursing her out as he started the car. Riding the bus was sounding more and more like a good idea right about now.

When he hung up he tossed his phone to the side and pulled off of the street and on to the road. I sat back glancing over at him.

"Love is complicated huh?" I asked and he licked his lower lip and chuckled to himself, he clutched the steering wheel tighter.

"She supposedly pregnant or some shit but she claim that every other week" he said and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"What do you mean? She just says she pregnant just to say it?" I asked and he nodded with a laugh.

"When I stop fucking with her she come up with that bullshit ass lie, she only saying that because she think I like you or some shit" he said making an illegal U turn.

"Why would she think that?" I questioned curiously trying to pry into his business and he gave me a quick glance turning his attention back to the road and shrugging his shoulders.

"She just do, ion like you though" he said bluntly and I rolled my eyes making him laugh. The rest of the car ride was quiet and I was worried about what my mom would say when I saw her and if she'd be mad.

When he parked I didn't move or bother trying to take off my seatbelt so he undid my seat belt for me and leaned over pushing the door open.

"I'll wait for you but go take care of that" he said motioning for me to go. I gave him a look chewing on my lip and he smacked his teeth turning the car off.