Chapter Thirty - Right Time

K A R E E M

"Why do you always go to sleep? You don't want to listen to me talk?" I questioned August. He was struggling to keep his eyes open but it was proving to be impossible and I knew he'd only be able to fight sleep for so long.

I placed him to my chest and rubbed his back liking the noises he was making. It was soothing to me and the fact that I was holding an actual human being that I helped create. He was a month old yet so small and fragile.

Corrine came into the living room with a plate of food and sat it down in front of me. She attempted to take August from me and I shook my head wanting to hold him longer.

"Seriously Kareem? It's been a few days and I barely have had anytime with him" She complained and I ignored her and kissed my sons forehead.

"He was here for a whole month and you didn't say anything. Let us have our bonding moment without you always complaining" I said and she eyed me and held up the baby bottle.

"I just wanna feed him and get my morning kisses in. You can have him right back" She said taking a deep breath to stay patient and I thought about it for a moment before sighing.

I gave August over to Corrine and she mugged me before wiping off his forehead and she walked away twisting her hips. "You know i'm the reason you walk like that right?" I called after her and she turned around and glared at me before laughing.

"You wish" she mumbled and I smirked. Before I could say something I saw my phone light up on the table and I reached down and picked it up seeing it was an unknown number.

Sliding my finger across the screen I picked up and put the phone to my ear but was surprised it was a collect call from O'sage. I quickly accepted the charges and confused wondering if he got caught up with that undercover detective.

"Kareem, look they just busted my ass last night at the hospital when Justine was giving birth. They got finger prints nigga, for the both of us. If you come back they gon lock you up" He said and I stood up from the couch and began pacing.

Pulling my phone away from my ear I looked at it and cursed under my breath. "Why the fuck you call my phone? I gave you the track phone number for a reason!" I shouted and he cursed under his breath.

Hanging up the phone quickly I ran a hand down my face. Dante came around the corner and looked at me like I was crazy.

"O'Sage got locked up. I need to get rid of this" I said and Dante cupped his hands wanting me to toss my phone to him.

"I'm a take it somewhere and jail break it. Take my phone in the mean time" He said throwing me his. I thanked him and watched as he left out the front door.

Going to the window I peeked out and looked around. Everything appeared normal but I knew I couldn't stay around for long I had to come up with something and get the fuck from around here.

I turned to walk towards the back when someone knocked on the front door. Being as quiet as possible I went to the front door and turned the locks before peeking out seeing it was some dark skin man.

I thought about opening the door but decided against it. Backing up slowly I headed towards the back were Corrine was and peeked into her room as she fed August and coo'd at him.

"We can't stay here, we gotta go" I confess and she looked up at me strangely but didn't respond. She continued to feed our son not acknowledging me because she was in deep thought.

"And where are we suppose to go with a new baby? I've been sitting here for the past couple of days trying to figure out something and I can't" Corrine said finally looking up at me and I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her.