Chapter Twenty - True Colors

K A R E E M

Sharing a look with Sage as he squatted behind a car I pulled a bandana over my mouth and stood up from the position I was in. Rio was walking into his home with some white girl so I pulled out my gun motioning for Sage to hurry up and we jogged up behind him.

I grabbed him by his neck and placed the metal of the gun to the back of his head kicking the door open. The girl went to scream until O'Sage hit her in the back of the head and we forced them into the house kicking it closed behind us.

"Who else in here?" I shouted as Rio began to sniffle. He began to piss on himself causing me to smack him with the bottom of the gun and he tripped over his feet falling in the ground.

Sage dragged the girl into the living room as she attempted to hit and kick him. Rio was to busy crying like a lil bitch to even attempt to do anything.

I dragged him on the floor and he began to whimper. Using the rope in my pocket I tied his hands and feet together leaving him in his own piss.

"Man we can talk about this, please" he sobbed as I looked him over squatting to his level not trying to get any of his bodily fluids on myself.

"You know something about what happened to my father?" I asked knowing he and his father where close and if he told the truth I'd consider what I was about to do.

"No man I don't! Kareem look you gotta learn to let shit go doing this to me won't bring him back okay? When everything happened I tried to return the ring back to you that was in his pocket but I was scared" he sniffled and I paused holding the knife to his neck.

"How'd you know about the ring? They never talked about it on the news and everyone scattered and left me with him alone!" I snapped and he avoided my gaze as he continued to cry.

"My father had connections with the hospital, morgue and police department. They took out all of his organs and put them on the black market and my father got all of that money back. He also let a few of my friends and I take his stuff, everything he had on him and I saw the ring so I took it" he said and I tears burn my eyes.

"Kareem look you don't need to be hearing this" Sage warned and I slowly looked over at him as if to ask him to shut up.

"That was my mothers wedding band. I took it from out of his pocket and gave it to the mortician because I wanted him to be buried with it. The thirteen year old me figured it'd be easier for him to find her in the afterlife. My father was a fucking human and he ain't deserve that!" I shouted punching him in the face and his head bounced back after hitting the wooden floor.

"Wait I have information about your mother" he panicked and Sage shook his head as I slowly glanced up at Rio.

"What is it" I said emotionless and he got a smirk on his face and remained quiet for a moment before I heard the gun shot go off next to me signaling Sage had killed the girl.

"She kept whimpering I got annoyed. I'm a check his jewelry cabinet" he said moving to the side and began to walk throughout the house.

"They'd didn't give her a closed casket for no reason. Ya pops lied to you man, that's all I'm gon say. If it makes you feel better she was the first hoe me and my homies flipped out when we were lil niggas" he teased and I nodded.

I left him laying there before walking towards the kitchen turning on the stove. I filled up a large pan with all the cooking oil he had in a bottle.

When I returned back I pulled out a blade his eyes began to widened. I hovered over him looking into his eyes.

"Kareem please we can talk all this shit out man, please!" He cried as snot began to run from his nose.

"No we can't talk it out. It's to late" I said quietly slitting his throat and his head fell back as he attempted to scream and blood rushed from the deep cut.