Chapter Nine - In Between

C O R R I N E

Walking past the living room I noticed Kareem was still asleep and it was going on one in the afternoon. Normally he would of been up out of the house by now but he wasn't so I went over and shook him just as his phone started to ring.

"What?" He groaned not even bothering to open his eyes. Grabbing one of his dreads I preceded to tickle his face with it and he smacked his teeth ignoring me.

"Your phone rung again, it's been ringing all morning aren't you going to get up?" I questioned and he licked his lower lip and opened his eyes.

"Just leave me alone, real shit" he mumbled and I frowned and instead of leaving I laid on top of him making him let out a low groan as I got comfortable sticking my knee in his crotch.

He still didn't move so I licked my finger and stuck it in his ear making him grab my hand and push it away.

I leaned up on his chest and stared down at his face and kissed his cheek and down to his chin. Once I got to his neck I blew on it and he pushed me off of him turning away.

"Just let me chill for a little bit, I'll be up later" he mumbled and I surrendered and went into the kitchen were Isis was talking on the phone and cleaning up.

She looked more stressed than normal like she was avoiding her problems. I was going to hang out with Kennedy today but I felt like I needed to spend time with my sister.

"Are you okay?" I questioned once she hung the phone up slamming it on the counter. She covered her face as tears started to come out and shook her head.

"What? What happened tell me" I begged pulling her into a hug as she sniffled. She rarely ever cried unless something serious happened.

"Kingston is getting married" she sniffled and I froze, I hadn't heard that name in almost a year and was a bit shocked.

Kingston was Isis's first everything and I always expected them to get back together but he went to college to play ball and ended up getting drafted. Every now and then he'd message me on Facebook to see how I was holding up but never mentioned anything about my sister.

Someone started banging loudly on the front door before I could respond. Kareem had thrown the covers off of him and got up, his eyes were a blood shot color and he looked angry.

"Look you can go in my room and rest, it's no big deal" I mumbled and he grabbed the covers and headed down the hallway without saying a word.

I opened the front door and Kennedy walked in all happy and excited. I frowned and so did she when she saw Isis.

"Are we staying in and watching Netflix?" Kennedy questioned closing the door behind her and we both looked at Isis.

"No lets just have a girls day, I need shopping therapy right now" she sighed rubbing her eyes and we agreed leaving out and locking up behind us.

I couldn't remember the last time she had even taken Kennedy and I anywhere. Growing up we use to a,ways be up her and her friends ass.

The ride to the mall was quiet and when we got there I noticed a few men in the parking lot staring at me and whispering back and forth. Pretending like I didn't see them we went inside and got through the crowed of people.

Kennedy, Isis and I walked around the mall just looking around. I was still thinking about Kareem even though I was trying my hardest not to.

"Oh my god Corrine look at this dress" Isis smiled pulling me into Charlotte Russe and I couldn't help but frown, I was never into shopping for clothes but didn't mind if she felt like spending money on me.