Chapter Eighteen - New and Old Secrets

D A N T E

"Should of known you'd be here" I sighed folding my arms as Kareem gardened in the backyard of his own home with a bucket hat on his head to block out the sunlight. He glanced up at me briefly before ripping up weeds with gloves.

"You found me, so what the fuck you want?" He asked and I took a seat in a lawn chair watching him work.

"Just wondered why we haven't been killing people lately, I could really use the money" I said leaning forward and he stopped what he was doing rubbing his forearm across his forehead to wipe the sweat off.

"I ain't stopping you from making money bruh, just needed to find something that takes away all my stress. Baby mama is about to drive me crazy" he said going back to the weed pulling.

"And Corrine? What about her she hasn't been around" I questioned and he laughed to himself without a response.

I was tired of the both of them avoiding each other. She'd been acting weird and he wasn't considering her feelings, in a way he was being selfish.

"Kareem let's talk lil brother to big brother" I smiled down in a chair and he stopped and slowly stood up and sat next to me.

We remained silent and I was trying to decide what's going on. He pulled his sunglasses off and rubbed at his eyes looking at me unbothered.

"There's really nothing to talk about with Corrine, we went our separate ways and I might try and make shit right with Lyric" he said leaning forward.

I stared at him as if he was stupid and he gave me smirk signaling he wasn't being serious. After I sighed in relief his face grew serious and he pulled at one of his locks.

"Corrine and I are over though, I can't ask a girl to stay with me if I'm having a baby by someone else. I wish I didn't take her virginity because it would of made this easier to walk away from" he complained.

"I think you should try setting boundaries with Lyric, let her know there's shit she can and can't do. But don't treat Corrine like this you're just fucking it up for the next nigga" I remind.

Kareem stood to his feet ignoring what I was saying as he went back to the garden. Shaking my head I watched him began to clip some stuff.

"I told you we were done so stop bringing her up. We got shit to do tonight anyway so stop worrying about her" he demanded and I smirked.

"One of my boys was trying to get at her so I was just trying to see if you'd be mad. Let me just call my boy and let him know she free game" I shrugged standing up.

Kareem slowly looked at me and his eyes pierced into my soul. I took a step back dropping my smirk when he stood with the scissors in his hands.

"I'll kill him and not feel the least bit of guilt" he said tossing the scissors in a bucket before picking it up and taking it into his home.

I followed behind him closing the backdoor. He went into the back room and I opened up his fridge grabbing a bottle of water.

I had to walk all the way here after letting my moms use my car because hers was in the shop. I thought about staying home but there was always to many people in my house, I was ready to move out on my own.

Kareem returned in a different shirt holding his car keys. We left out his house after he locked up and walked to his car.

"I was just kidding about that thing with my friend, I haven't talked to Corrine since we've been back from Vegas as that's been a few weeks" I shrugged honestly.

She'd said she had something to talk to me about something I didn't know. I got comfortable as Kareem started the car pulling out the driveway.

I could tell he was going to Lyric's house by the left turn he'd made. She'd been aggravating as hell, she thought she was God because she was having his baby going around telling people.