Chapter Four - Strictly Buisness

C O R R I N E

"What are you doing with him?" Isis yelled at me as she hit me like I was her child. I frowned rubbing my face as I shifted uncomfortably not wanting to let her know the real reason because it'd only make her madder.

She had waited until the morning to jump down this whole Kareem situation while I was getting dressed to leave and I couldn't help but grow slightly annoyed.

"Look Isis you have nothing to worry about I swear" I try and tell her but she placed her hands on her hips and mugged me as my phone began to ring signaling Dante was outside ready for our first adventure.

"You aren't leaving here until you tell me what's really going on Corrine!" She yelled looking towards my phone as I put my shoes on.

"Alright fine, I have a crush on Dante and we are suppose to hang out today" I said lying straight through my teeth and Isis paused as her face softened.

My sister sat next to me with a smile on her face making me uncomfortable because I knew were this was going.

"I should of known this had nothing to do with Kareem, you have a thing for his friend. Dante is a cutie" Isis smiled and I faked smiled a long with her.

"Yup that's the bae" I shrugged trying to keep up the act. My phone rung again and I pressed ignore as I walked out of my bedroom with her following behind me.

"Don't do anything you wouldn't normally do, you know how I feel about them but I won't stop you from trying to get your groove on" she shrugged making me sigh leaving out.

As soon as I closed the door to our place I spotted a silver Jeep and Dante was sitting in the front seat smoking on a blunt as he stared off into space.

Quickly I walked down the steps and jogged over to the car in fear Kennedy would come out and ask a million and one questions about were I was going and why I wasn't taking her.

Dante unlocked the car for me and I climbed inside taking a deep breath relieved that Isis had bought that lie I told her.

"What's wrong with you?" Dante questioned still zoned out as he started the car pulling away from the duplex.

"Nothing I just didn't think Isis was going to let me leave, she was grilling me early this morning but I told her we were dating" I shrugged and he casually blew smoke out of his mouth.

"And why you told ha that?" Dante questioned glancing over at me and I sighed already knowing he was going to ask questions.

"Because if I hadn't of said that she wouldn't let me go with you, she would've thought I was up to something sneaky" I Explained.

"But you are up to something sneaky" he reminded and I rolled my eyes hearing my stomach growl, I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning.

"Whatever Dante you get the point I'm trying to make" I remind him and he smirked and looked away from me.

A half an hour late we were pulling up to Kareem's place and I noticed an unfamiliar car sitting in the driveway.

Not bothering to ask Dante about it I climbed out of the car and followed him inside locking the door behind me.

Kareem was sitting on the couch with some woman who was all up under him like he was God or something. Following Dante's lead I sat on the couch and she glanced over at me and pursed her lips together.

"I didn't know you were babysitting today Kareem" the woman said looking at Dante and I and Dante simply chuckled and flicked her off.

I felt my stomach growl again and I shifted uncomfortably trying to keep my mouth closed. It was physically paining me to not say anything sarcastic back to her and her dry weave.