Chapter Eleven - Bonds

K A R E E M

I stood in the doorway watching as Isis washed dishes in the kitchen. She hadn't noticed me yet she was just going on about her business and I wasn't sure if I should just off her ass but I knew Corrine would be mad as hell at me and I don't need all that on my mind.

Isis finally looked up and jumped dropping a glass plate on the ground. My eyes pierced into her and she took a step back bumping into the counter startled.

"Ain't said nothing why you shaking like a stripper? Oh wait" I smirked laughing at my own joke and she rolled her eyes grabbing the broom as she began to sweep up the mess.

"What do you want Kareem? This is getting irritating"'she mumbled and I licked my lower lip stepping forward and over the glass making her back up into the counter.

Grabbing her face I titled her head to the side and leaned down to her level. She pushed back on my chest some obviously not liking it.

"Whatever you got going on leave Corrine out of it. I don't have proof but Sage and D saw you up to some sneaky shit, don't forget I'm a hit man and I'll get you before you can even think about getting me" I smirked at her and she swallowed the lump in her throat and slowly slid to the ground.

I watched her for a moment before laughing and stepping out the kitchen. Grabbing my keys and my hoodie I left out.

It was late and I'd just woken up from a nap with a stiff ass neck. I wasn't about to be sleeping on the couch for to much longer might start crashing at random motels.

I pulled the hoodie over my head and walked passed a group of boys only to be stopped. I glanced at my shoulder where some black niggas fat hand lay rested.

"You don't know me so I'd advice you to move your hand" I said quietly and his grip tightened turning me around and at the same time I pulled out a pocket knife jabbing it into his stomach.

He bent over letting out a groan and I continued to shank him as his homies ran away abandoning him.

"I tried to warn you" I mumbled pulling the blade out and using his shirt to clean it off. Glancing around nobody was in sight and I left him there to bleed, if they were real friends they'd come back for him, hopefully it wasn't to late.

My car was parked in the usual spot. Scratching my eyebrow I looked at the girl leaning on my car like she was waiting for me or something.

Ignoring her I walked to my car door catching her attention and she rushed over touching my hand and I sighed pulling away. People are going to need to stop touching me.

"I'm Kennedy, Corrine's friend" she said happily and I looked her over slightly bored and irritated.

"What that got to do with me? She should be with Dante or something" I mumbled thinking that's what she wanted and she quickly shook her head.

"I came to see you actually, I wanted to know if you wanted to come over and hang out sometime" she smiled.

"I'm a grown ass man, hanging out is me coming over to fuck. I'm not interested at all" I shrug getting in the car.

"You don't even know me. You could be passing up on the one" she laughed and I shrugged starting the car and pulled out the piece of paper inside my pocket.

Kennedy opened my car door and climbed inside and I rolled my eyes and reached for my gun and she held her hands up.

"I know how you can find Walt" she grinned and I paused and stared at her not knowing if I should push her out or not.

"And how you know about all that?" I questioned ready to curse Corrine out and the smile on Kennedy's face grew bigger.

"My moms fucking him now, I can help you set him up if you want. I even have his address. He was talking to some guy on the phone about how you were after him and he had to flee out of state for awhile" she grinned and I nodded.