Chapter Fifteen - Misery Loves Company

C O R R I N E

Dante and I looked around the hotel suite we were staying in with complete awe. We had fifteen hours until my birthday and the only way I convinced Isis to let me go is when I told her it was a vacation Kennedy and I were taking and in return Kennedy really had to tag along.

She was really being annoying the whole plane ride. Her and Lyric actually were talking and laughing like they'd known each other for years and it hurt feelings.

Here I am wanting to break off our friendship because all she seems to want to do is hook up with men but as soon as we get one plane she wants to be all childish and buddy buddy with the enemy.

Feeling arms wrap around my waist I rolled my eyes knowing it was O'Sage. I pinched his finger so he'd let go of me and he only held on tighter.

"Baby girl birthday is tomorrow and you already know we about to turn up" he laughed and everyone except Lyric agreed.

Kennedy walked over linking her arms with mine and I rolled my eyes attempting to pull away but she wouldn't let me and I was annoyed.

"Don't be like that Corr I was just trying to see if she'd spill some tea, I don't even wanna be friends with her fake ass. It your birthday coming up and we have to have fun and do things, wanna go ride the roller coaster?" She asked trying to cheer me up but it felt so fake.

"Not right now I kinda have jet lag" I lied and she pouted. Lyric invited her to go shopping instead and she gave me a look, I signaled her it was okay and watched them leave.

"We about to go swimming, wanna come?" Dante asked and I shook my head. Sage gave him some secret look before they both left out knowing the real reason I wanted to stay behind.

When the door closed I walked into the room with the balcony and Kareem was sitting with his back against the headboard staring into outer space.

"What's wrong? You seem upset" I questioned climbing in bed with him. I kissed his cheek and he snapped out of whatever trance he was in and looked at me.

"I'm just thinking, where everybody else at?" He asked adjusting how he was sitting. I laughed before straddling his waist.

"Lyric and Kennedy went shopping and Dante and O'Sage went to the pool" I said and he got this smirk on his face as he flipped me over.

I watched Kareem pick up his phone and soon after birthday sex began to play. I laughed as he kissed my neck and I shifted under him growing moist.

"Seriously stop we came for business and it's not my birthday yet" I remind pushing him off and we both sat up.

He told me that the guy he was suppose to off was Lyric's brother and the crazy thing about it the person who wanted him dead was their father who was locked up.

"What did Lyric's brother do that was so bad?" I asked and Kareem grew quiet like he didn't want to tell me.

"It's a long story and its personal aight? Some deep family shit and I'm a respect Lyric like I'd respect you or one of the boys if I knew something like this" he said and I nodded understanding where he was coming from.

Climbing out of bed I placed my feet into shoes and forced Kareem to do the same. There had to be something to do I was so bored.

"Cmon, let's go do something" I complained and he slowly looked at the time on his phone before getting up out of bed.

He placed his feet into his converse and grabbed the suite key. Smiling I walked out ahead of him and we left out of the suite.

"Do you know where to find Lyric's brother?" I questioned once we got on the elevator and he got a smirk on his face.