Chapter Three - Way Of Life

C O R I N N E

"I found out my mom had terminal cancer a couple of months ago so my life's been up and down a lot, I have a real bad anger problem but I try and keep it under control because I am a nice person" I said shifting uncomfortably as Kareem and his friends Dante and Osage looked my over making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"She seem cool, I like her" Dante grinned making me turn away from him. Kareem nodded standing from his spot on the couch in his home.

He lived in a small one bedroom that was nicely decorated. Made me feel like he liked to live alone which added on to his mysterious personality. He had no family pictures anywhere and I found that weird.

"Yeah she cool" Osage said and for the first time he hadn't called me jail bait, at least we were getting someone I was beginning to think that name was going to stick.

Call me crazy for wanting to work with him but it was this feeling on the inside I couldn't resist. I knew this was what I was meant to do no matter how bad it may seem what they did intrigued me and I wanted some of what they had.

"So a man holds you at gunpoint like this what you do?" Kareem asked as he pulled out his gun holding it to my head and I chewed on my bottom lip before reaching for the gun he gave me and pointing it at his crotch.

"Blow his dick off" I mouthed smartly and he chuckled removing the gun from my head before nodding his head.

"She learning already, I'll take her under my wing" Dante offered and Osage and Kareem agreed. I'd learned that he was the youngest in the group being my age but he'd also grown up with the both of them he just had a nicer personality to him.

I felt like Osage was standoffish for no reason and Kareem was just heartless but I didn't care about that I was in it for the money and thrill not to make friends.

Dante motioned for me to follow him and we walked out of Kareem's place as he lit a blunt with the lighter in his hands and offered it to me which I declined.

"Aw you a good girl and don't smoke? We gon have to change that" he smirked looking me over and I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah whatever, what's the first thing I'm going to have to do?" I asked and he remained quiet for a moment inhaling the smoke from the blunt before unleashing it into the air.

"Relax we never go looking for trouble, trouble just has a way of finding us" he said offering the blunt to me again and I slowly took it from him causing my fingers to rub against his.

Placing the blunt to my lips I inhaled but dropped the blunt once I began to choke on the smoke and Dante had to pat my back.

Once my coughing died down he stepped on the blunt that was still burning and put it out with a frown.

He leaned against a silver Lexus and took in my attire silently judging me making me feel like some type of outcast and when he noticed how uncomfortable I was he laughed.

"Whats so funny? Is me choking to death funny to you?" I questioned and he shook his head no like a child remaining quiet before he bit his lower lip.

"I just don't understand you, why you wanna fuck your life up with this shit. Leave it alone before its to late" he warned and I looked him over.

"What's the story with you and your friends? Why is Kareem such a dick?" I asked and his face turned into a mug as he looked me over.

"He may come across as rude but don't call him that, we've been homies for forever and he's the furthest thing from being a dick. Get to know his past before talking shit" Dante said quietly and I nodded.