Chapter Thirty One - Breaking Apart Part 1

Before you read  - Pay attention to this chapter because it's the beginning of the end and if you want to understand book two you can't just rush through it or you'll be lost.

Also I did not have enough time to read over this so I wouldn't be surprised if they're more mistakes than normal, but oh well I have homework to finish.

C O R R I N E

I don't think there is a point in time that I have ever been as scared as I am now. Not because I was afraid to go to prison but because I wanted to watch my son grow up, he was my world and I didn't want to throw that all away for Kareem.

I loved him a lot and I was in love with everything about him but my son was the love of my life and if I had to choose i'd pick August over him and I was scared i'd have to choose.

Sitting in a cold room I took a deep breath and tried to remain calm while I thought of all the possibilities. The detectives that kept coming in and out kept asking about the baby wondering where he was and trying to get me to snitch on Kareem but I couldn't.

"Can I have my one phone call, please?" I questioned while clearing my throat. The detective whose name I never got nodded his head and slid me a small track phone.

My hands shook as I picked it up and slowly dialed my landlords number. I didn't know if I could trust Benji at this point but something deep inside of me told me he was my only hope.

Kennedy wouldn't be able to help me out of this. Isis was probably behind this and I had no idea where Dante was and I wanted him to focus on keeping my son safe over everything.

As I typed in Benji's number there was a knock on the door and when the Detective opened the door Benji entered like magic with a lawyer and a small smirk on his face.

"How'd you know where to find me?" I questioned and he licked his lower lip and nodded towards the detective who eyed him and left out of the room to speak with the lawyer.

Benji walked over and pulled up a seat next to me and looked me over trying to read me but I didn't want to show him any weakness.

"My brother and I have a deal with the police department around here. As long as we handle business for them, when a murder happens they look the other way. But this isn't about me this is about you and what I can do for you" He said nonchalantly.

He attempted to take a hold of my hand and I pulled it back and glared at him. "You want me to tell on Kareem don't you?" I whispered and he sighed.

"Look I can't help that nigga, hes caught up in some shit and it's very personal. Only god can help him and if you don't start talking then you going down with his ass and that baby of yours will only remember you being behind bars. When you and Kareem go to prison for life, if they don't try and give you the death penalty then you would never see each other again so this whole ride or die shit is pointless" Benji said leaning forward and I closed my eyes.

"After everything Kareem and I have been through I can't just screw him over. I wouldn't be able to look him in the eyes ever again" I sniffled and he nodded and stood up.

"So me bringing this Lawyer here was a waste of time huh? My twin wanted me to let your ass sit and rot" Benji said and I rubbed my eyes.

"I wanna see Kareem. I want to talk to him before I make my choice" I said quietly and Benji nodded and looked me over.

"They have recordings everywhere. When you speak to him choose your words wisely" Benji as he knocked on the door. A few moments later the door opened and he stepped out and asked for Kareem.