Chapter Two - Two Faced

C O R R I N E

I watched Kennedy finish up her make out session with some guy before he handed her a wad of cash and smirked at me living out of her home. I rolled my eyes with disgust considering he looked like he was in his damn forties.

"You said you'd stop judging me, damn" she mumbled flipping her hair over her shoulder and I took a deep breath pulling my legs on the couch and to my chest.

"I'm sorry I just think you deserve better than this, let's fill out job applications at the mall, how about that?" I questioned and she sighed giving in.

"Fine let me go change clothes, go see if Isis will let you borrow her car" Kennedy mumbled walking away and I agreed.

I stood from the couch walking out of her home before heading up the stairs to my place. The door was unlocked like always except for night time and my sister was sitting around talking with a group of her striper friends.

"Damn Isis baby sister, look better than you" Some man teased coming around the corner and I turned my face up at him not even considering giving him the time of day. I could tell he was a straight up drug dealer who thought he was all that.

"Isis can I have your car, I wanna go fill out job applications at the mall with Kennedy" I tell her and she squinted her eyes before standing up from her spot on the couch and motioning for me to follow her into the kitchen.

"I talked to Kareem this morning, you weren't going to tell me you offed someone last week?" She whispered lowly as her friends carried on a conversation in the next room and I looked down at my feet nervously.

"I don't wanna think about it" I mumbled and she looked at me for a moment before nodding.

"Stay away from Kareem he ain't no good and he's not no damn drug dealer that's for sure" she mumbled and I looked at her curiously.

"What do you mean? What does he do than?" I asked wanting to know about why all of that happened that night.

"Look just stay away from him you don't need to know about him because you aren't going to be associating with him right?" She questioned and I slowly nodded as she handed me her keys on the counter.

"If he's so bad how do you know him Isis?" I asked and she gave me a small smile before leaving out not answering my question.

I knew my sister was involved with things she shouldn't be which was why my parents had practically disowned her and her and my mother didn't get along anymore.

Not bothering to stay around any longer I left out and met Kennedy by my sisters car. She was talking to some boy and when she saw me walk up she dismissed him and we climbed inside.

"Did she say when we had to be back?" She questioned and I shook my head no starting the car. My sister wasn't like my mother she actually trusted me and knew I had a good head on my shoulders and since it was summer she didn't mind if I was out all night.

I drove to the mall focusing on the road in my thoughts while Kennedy danced in her seat next to me cranking to some song by Lil Wayne making me roll my eyes, she of all people should know I don't like him.

To say the mall was crowded would be an understatement. It was like the entire hood picked this day to come and shop making me want to reconsider even getting a job here.

"I know that look, don't back at now" Kennedy warned grabbing a hold of my arm as she dragged me throughout the mall towards a Victoria Secrets store.

This was the only store in the entire mall that the manger was really picky about hiring because she was white lady who didn't tolerate ignorance.

Taking a deep breath Kennedy and I put on our professional faces and walked inside being greeted by the amazing smells of body spray people must of been trying on.