Chapter Eight - Crushing

D A N T E

Corrine bit her lip and remained quiet while everyone talked lowly around us about some hit they were asked to do. Standing from my spot on the couch I sat next to her wrapping my arm around her shoulder and she laid her head on me.

I hadn't known her for that long but she meant a lot to me and I didn't want her to be played. She ain't deserve that shit but dealing with Kareem it was only bound to happen.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked and she shook her head no. I watched Lyric stand up and head over to Kareem who was sitting off by himself just looking out the window quietly.

"I've never really crushed on anybody before so I don't know if I just want him to be a different person or if I'm falling for the fact that he actually wants to be loved" she said lowly and I couldn't hold in the laugh that came out.

"You know if you said that to him he'd slap you right?"'I questioned making her smile. I felt the couch dip and laughed at O'sage as he took a seat on the other side of her.

"What y'all talking about? Don't be keeping secrets" he said and I gave him a look as Corrine moved her head off of me.

"Don't even start, you just want to be nosey" she said rolling her eyes playfully making Sage smile to himself.

"Y'all like each other or something?" He questioned loud enough for Kareem and Lyric to hear and they both looked over at us.

"Can we just be friends without you assuming shit, we not even flirting we just conversing" I shrugged giving Corrine a look.

"I think they'd be cute, it'd give her desperate ass a reason to stay away from my man" Lyric snapped and O'sage began to hype the situation by covering his mouth and making noises.

"Yeah I'm so desperate but your so called man didn't seem to have a problem with that when he and I were kissing not once but twice" Corrine smiled innocently.

I watched Lyric stand and punch Kareem in the shoulder as hard as she could. He simply looked at the both of them arguing seeming unfazed about the situation.

"I'm nobodies man so I don't get the point. I ain't no fucking prize just some nigga that ain't worth shit" Kareem shrugged standing to his feet.

Lyric's shook her head and covered her face as she walked into the back of her house. Kareem extended his hand for Corrine to take but she just stared at it.

"Come ride with me, my mama raised me to apologize for all my wrongs and I owe you one" he said keeping a straight face and she pushed his hand away and slowly stood up on her own.

O'Sage and I followed them out before going our separate ways. We got in his car and headed to his baby mamas house so he could strap up before we handled business.

This situation with Walt had me feeling uncomfortable, I had to watch my back just to go to the fucking store to get something for my moms. It wasn't a cool feeling to have at all and made me want to just leave the state but that was cowardly.

"I think he gon wife her" Sage said as he drove and I looked at him wondering what made him say that.

"You mean right now?" I asked and he shook his head not speaking any more on it. We rode in silence until we reached his place.

O'Sages daughter Keisha was in the front riding around on her bike and his baby mama was standing on the front steps with his other daughter Alisha on her hip.

I stayed in the car leaning my head back watching as he argued with her about not coming home.

The sounds of tires screeching made me look into the rear view mirror before gunshots began to go off outside. I ducked down in the car hearing glass break and screams that filled the street.