Chapter Twenty Eight - Five Months later

Five Months Later

K A R E E M

"Why aren't you picking up your damn phone? I ain't heard from you in a few weeks" O'Sage complained. I glanced up at him briefly before I resumed pulling up the weeds in my backyard and he sighed taking a seat at the bench in the back.

"What are you looking for me for? Do I ever go anywhere?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow and looked around. There was a car parked across the street and had been there for a few months now and would leave occasionally but a new car would show up and watch my every move.

My business was suffering and I was loosing money. I had more than enough to live off of but the fact that Isis was roaming around doing spiteful shit and living her life while I had to wait and make a move was really getting to me.

"I talked to Dante yesterday" he said as if that was suppose to peak my interest. Staring at him blankly he sighed, the back door of my house opened and his sister Anita came and handed me a bottle of water causing him to shake his head.

"Thank you" I mumbled taking the lid off and sipping some of the water and he watched me for awhile.

"I take that as in your over Corrine? Or you just like fucking my sister so you aren't lonely" O'Sage said as he frowned and I took another sip of the water thinking about it.

"Both" I said standing to my feet, Anita smiled at me before going back into the house wearing one of my shirts and Sage scratched the back of his head and stood up.

"Forget it then, I wasted my time trying to come and tell you this then" he said about to walk away and I stopped him.

"Tell me what? Now I'm curious" I said sitting down on the bench and wiping the sweat from my forehead. O'Sage took a seat next to me and scrolled through his phone like he was looking for something.

"So Justine's due date for the twins is approaching and I figured I'd call Dante to see if he'd answer or not. He didn't answer his phone but he answered his work number and I hear crying in the background signaling Corrine had that baby" he said looking at me and I kept the same blank expression on my face.

"Is that suppose to hurt my feelings or something? Am I suppose to care?" I asked in a bored tone as I looked around the backyard and he raised an eyebrow.

"No it's suppose to make you happy to be a father" Dante said staring at me with a raised eyebrow and I slowly stood to my feet and stretched my arms out.

"I was already a father" I said stating a fact and he grabbed my shirt pulling me back down. I glanced over at him wondering what he wanted from me.

"I'm not done talking, what the fuck is wrong with you? It's your fault she left and I'm telling you your kid was born and you don't give a fuck. I'm getting real sick of this shit, you bum ass nigga" he said standing to his feet and looking at me with disgust causing me to look away.

"What'd she name her?" I asked placing my hands on my knees and he looked at me for awhile before he started to laugh.

"You mean him, she had a boy and Dante didn't tell me his name. He looks like you though not that you give a fuck" He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"How am I suppose to act? She act like I didn't exist. I fucked up and I realize that but I can't keep crying over a girl who wants nothing to do with me, I broke up with her the day her mother died and the day Lyric killed my son. I don't understand what you want me to do, I don't know how to feel or if I should break down and cry or be happy" I said looking at him and his face softened.

At this point in time I felt like just paying child support and going on with my life without a care in the world and worrying about myself.

As much as I wanted to not care about Corrine, I did and it hurt like crazy not knowing what she was doing or if she was thinking about me.