Unexpected Saviors

"Team LJNT, this is an urgent matter. A village is being overrun as we speak. I'm sending you all out there. Since this is last minute, I'll be sending you with...some of Ironwood's best. Do your best, or people will die. Hurry. There's an airship outside here waiting for you."

"A mission!" Tanya exclaimed as the team rushed out of Ozpin's office and to the airship. "I didn't expect one so soon! I mean, I know we're awesome and all, but it's still pretty weird."

"How come he always makes us do everything? I do not see any other team being pulled," Janelle said. "Perhaps Headmaster Ozpin is worried about our terrible performance, and that is why he assigns us to more dangerous missions."

"Nah, I don't think so. He said we were doing great last year!" Tanya exclaimed. "Maybe he just really likes us."

Nico let the two discuss the strangeness of the situation as the airship departed. Lyra was glaring out the window, her eyes a scarlet red already. Nico exhaled sharply before she walked over.

"Y-You alright, L-Lyra-?"

"Once every single one of those monsters die, I'll be alright," Lyra snarled quietly, her grip tight on the handle of her golden axe. "Yes, yes...that is what they want..."

"They..." Nico knew she was right about Lyra hearing voices. "L-Lyra, you need help-"

"I do need help killing the Grimm, you're damn right!" Lyra wouldn't turn her gaze from the window, but Nico still cowered at the sound of Lyra's raised voice. She didn't know what to do, so Nico turned away and sighed. Lyra wouldn't listen...

Two huntresses walked past them, one with long orange hair and the other with short cropped locks. They were the ones that Ozpin sent to accompany LJNT. The door suddenly swung open as the huntresses jumped.

The door closed before Lyra could jump out herself. Tanya and Janelle walked over, waiting next to the others for the ship to land.

That's a lot of Grimm," Tanya noted, and Lyra's eyes reddened.

"More monsters to slaughter!"

As the doors swung open after the airship landed, Lyra leapt out with a maniacal laugh. The others followed in her direction, working to protect the outskirts of the village.

Still, it didn't take long until Team LJNT found themselves surrounded. Creeps, Beowolfs, Ursas, and miniature Deathstalkers. All of them had an intense desire to kill the four girls in front of them.

"Yes, it is," Lyra muttered. "Well, let's get to it!"

"Don't have to tell me twice!"

Tanya rushed in, swinging her staff wildly. She kept her staff circling, quickly smacking the Beowolf to the left of her down. She smirked, swinging her leg under another Beowolf and then slamming her staff down on it as it fell. Tanya slid under the Beowolf's legs to avoid being hit, cartwheeling away to dodge the Beowolf's claws. As she did, she laughed, her staff quickly switching to her rifle and she fired three fiery rockets out. As they hit her target, Tanya jumped into the air and switched her weapon back to its staff form, slamming it down on one of the Beowolf's head. She watched the Grimm disappear, looking over to her teammates.

Nico had jumped in to attack, her body moving so fast that Tanya could hardly keep track of her. Nico launched herself at the horde of Ursa, swinging her sword. Landing on the ground, her body melted into shadows as the Ursa's fist swung at her. The Grimm roared as Nico's sword split into two, and Nico circled the Ursa, her katanas slicing the Grimm apart. The Ursa fell to the ground, unable to land a single hit on Nico, and then disappeared. Rushing back into the fray, Nico dispatched multiple more Ursa. Confident from what she'd just witnessed, Tanya rushed back into the fray.