Landjaëger

"Today is a very special and important day. Today will be your first official mission."

The students all sat, eagerly awaiting for Professor Ozpin to continue on with his speech. Tanya and Yang were bummed they had to miss out on a mission. The rest of the two teams waited in anticipation.

"This will simply be a Grimm extermination mission," Professor Ozpin announced. Nico was slightly bored by that announcement, but Lyra immediately tensed up in further excitement. "Every team will be tasked with a professional Hunter or Huntress. We will be scouting out around the city of Vale. We will go in two different rotations; half of the teams will go on one day, the other on the next. The orders and assigned Hunters or Huntresses are displayed on the boards. Prep yourselves accordingly. Dismissed."

"Grimm, you say...?" Lyra's eyes flecked red just on the mention of the monsters. It had been awhile since the voice had bothered her. She'd been so busy having fun with her team and Pyrrha that the voice had actually taken a backseat. However, now it returned, it's voice beginning to whisper in Lyra's head once more. Kill....

"Lyra..."

"Team LJNT and Team RWBY, please report to the front of the stage," Ozpin announced before taking a casual sip of his coffee. Janelle uncertainly looked at her other teammates before walking up there with them.

"We didn't do anything else wrong, did we?" Lyra tried to joke, but she found it difficult when the voice began to grow louder in her head. She had forgotten just how annoying and destructive it was to hear it constantly berating her about the Grimm. Ozpin merely shook his head.

"No, but Miss Jenks and Miss Xiao Long are on probation because Glynda caught you both sneaking out," Ozpin had a hint of amusement in his eyes as he said this. "To accommodate for this, I have decided that the leaders of each team will join the other team on their mission. Lyra will take Yang's place, while Ruby will take Tanya's whilst still doing their own mission. I understand that it is a lot of activity in two days, but I am confident that you both will be alright."

"We'll be fine," Lyra wouldn't ever say no to the possibility of getting to kill more Grimm. "Thank you, Professor Ozpin."

"Just stay out of further trouble so this doesn't have to happen again."

•••

"Miss Goodwitch is so cool! She saved me this one time when I was trying to stop a ship from being robbed, she's super duper amazing, and I just-wow!"

Lyra, Janelle, Nico, and Ruby we're currently on the outskirts of Vale, scouting for the Grimm. Glynda Goodwitch, Ozpin's right hand woman, walked with them. They temporarily formed the Team LNJR, for Landjaëger. Lyra had tried to come up with a team name previously, but had quickly given up once the voice started to yell at her once more.

The voice drowned out Ruby's voice entirely, and Lyra was grateful for that. Janelle and Nico, however, were both getting quite irritated about Ruby's constant ogling toward Glynda. After hearing more rambling, Janelle finally had had enough.

"Ruby, I think it would be a fantastic idea for us to focus," Janelle held her bow tighter. Ruby nodded, taking a deep breath.

"S-Sorry. I've just...got a lot of nerves!" Ruby apologized. "It's my first mission..."

"Then stay back," Lyra responded curtly, no trace of warmth in her tone. This sudden change took Ruby by surprise, as she had never seen Lyra like this before. "Let us handle it. We'll kill all of those monsters before any of them have a chance to do anything..."

"You don't have to do that," Ruby grinned, twirling her scythe in a showy manner. She hoped that Lyra was just in a mood, and that it wasn't permanent. "I'm fine. Just nervous."