A "Grimm" Skirmish

A horde of Grimm emerged from the depths of the forest, charging towards the females. Lyra rolled her red flecked eyes, flipping away easily from a Beowolf that came to claw at her. Lyra swung her axe upward, launching the Beowolf upward. She flipped, slammed her axe downward into the Grimm's chest. Tugging her golden axe out of the disintegrating Beowolf, Lyra's face contorted into a mad smile as the voice began to congratulate her.

Kill them all! Kill them all! The voice encouraged, and there was nothing else Lyra wanted more than to hear it's praise...

Keeping the grin on her face, Lyra quickly ducked under a lumbering Ursa's swing. The Grimm growled threateningly as Lyra rolled under it's giant claw. Before the Ursa's slow figure could swing at Lyra again, the warrior slashed her axe into the Ursa's arm. The Ursa yowled in pain, but Lyra didn't hesitate to swing her axe right into the Grimm's neck. Yes, kill it, the voice whispered. With a psychotic gleam in her scarlet flecked eyes, Lyra effortlessly switched her sharp axe into it's sniper form, shooting the Ursa's head off in one fluid motion. She jerked her weapon out of the Ursa's body, watching it's body fall to the ground and disintegrate into chalky dust. Lyra quickly shifted her weapon back into an axe, ready to take out as many Grimm as possible.

Janelle rapidly fired her dust arrows into the swarm of Creeps jumping at her. Grimm after Grimm were incinerated, electrocuted, and crushed by her dust before they promptly turned to ash. The wave of Creeps, however, didn't seem to stop. The horde just kept coming.

Janelle quickly shot three ice dusted arrows into the ground, effectively immobilizing the remaining Creeps. They tried to pull themselves free in vain while Janelle ran toward them, splitting her bow into dual swords. She loaded them with electric dust, maintaining perfect form. Janelle sliced away at the immobilized Creeps, lightning trailing from her sparking weapons.

Nico panted as she slashed another pouncing Beowolf into dust. She growled, seeing the seemingly endless amount of Grimm surrounding her. With one swift motion she turned her double edged sword into twin shotguns. In a blur of motion, Nico emptied both shotguns at breakneck speed, obliterating every Creep and Beowolf that surrounded her.

Tanya raised her staff, meeting the claws of a monstrous Beowolf. Activating her semblance, Tanya easily shoved the Grimm off her with immense strength. As the Beowulf stumbled back, Tanya quickly and effortlessly kicked it to the ground. She bashed its skull in with her staff, only stopping when it's body began to dissolve into dust.

Upon hearing another Grimm approach her, Tanya snapped her gaze upward. Quickly shifting her blue and white staff into it's rifle form, Tanya shot the Beowolf lunging toward her before it could try to slice her body into pieces. With one orange, combustion dusted rocket, the Beowolf immediately disintegrates into ash.

"That looks like all of them," Tanya said with a satisfied sigh, before eyeing Lyra. The ballerina was staring down Nico with fury, but also a bit of confusion.

"Why would a Grimm attack it's own kind...?" Lyra muttered under her breath. Who cares? It's a Grimm. Kill it! Lyra's expression hardened. The voice was right. "It doesn't matter. All Grimm must die. The reason why matters not."

"Well, it's gone anyway," Janelle sighed, not feeling on edge anymore now that Nico was gone. It was true indeed; the Grimm girl had disappeared into the forest. Tanya facepalmed, and Lyra herself began to walk away.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Tanya exclaimed, throwing herself in front of Lyra before the platinum blonde could move. "Let's-Let's just go find those artifacts, okay?"

Lyra wanted to disagree, but it seemed as if the voice was content for now. It's voice ceased after a few reassuring words; you've done well. The Grimm were gone for now...the voice was satisfied. Her head was finally quiet...

Pyrrha. Pyrrha would be at the artifacts, right? Perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea. After all, the voice was finally quiet...

"...Fine," Lyra's eyes turned back to their natural gold as all the remaining Grimm disappeared from her sight. "But if I see it ever again...I will kill it. I swear I will."

The three girls ventured through the forest, eventually coming upon an alcove with ruins of what looked like a coliseum. Upon each column sat a chess piece. There were multiple chess pieces, black and white. The three girls all selected a piece delicately, with Lyra choosing a ebony queen piece.

"Let's get back to Beacon," Janelle nudged Lyra, who was staring off into the forest darkly. "Um...Miss Lyra, we should be heading off-"

"I heard you," Lyra sighed, tightening her hold on her axe. She turned away, beginning to walk with Tanya. "Alright. Let's go."