Concerns Confirmed

"GOING ON WITH THE 2v2's...NEXT WE HAVE TEAM LJNT OF BEACON AND TEAM TOAD OF ATLAS! PRESENTING MEMBERS ARE LYRA NG-NIKOS AND NICO LEGASPI FROM TEAM LJNT, AND ONYX NOIR and AUBURNE ADE FROM TEAM TOAD!"

"So, Lyra Ng-Nikos..." Auburne twirled a large auburn hammer, a confident look in his red eyes. He had on a long auburn cape and a brown hoodie underneath with black baggy pants. His long reddish hair was spiked up. "And...I don't think I recognize your partner over there."

"Um...I think I do," Onyx responded as he fiddled with his black dress. It hung off of his shoulders by an orange strap and was fluffed out at the waist. Chocolate skin was distinct from his orange eyes while he held a rocket launcher. "I think I saw her with the general over the summer."

"Y-You were just imagining it," Nico couldn't help but panic as she subconsciously pulled her hood over her head. Ironwood's words repeated in her mind again and again.

"Right. Now, let's begin!" Lyra exclaimed. Around them, the arena began to change shape; and Lyra watched as a maze grew around her, completely shrouding her from everyone else. She gripped at her weapon, trying to make sense of everything when a ice dusted rocket flew right at her. Lyra narrowly rolled out of the the way, and the ground turned to ice behind her. Lyra swung her axe, and it collided with Onyx's rocket launcher. Weapons flew as the two blocked and evaded each other's blows. Onyx transformed his rocket launcher to a smaller cylinder that shot out a laser beam, forcing Lyra to dodge underneath it. She blocked it with her axe, sending it reflecting off of one of the maze walls and into a random direction, almost hitting Onyx. He aimed his beam rapidly, which were all deflected by Lyra.

She suddenly threw her golden axe with her enormous might, sending the axe hurtling toward Onyx's feet. He jumped to avoid the blow, and while he was busy jumping, Lyra lunged forward to quickly flip him over her shoulder.

Onyx went flying through the air as he fell through another part of the maze. Meanwhile, Nico swung her two katanas at Auburne ferociously. Her blades hit Auburne's bronze hammer; while he wasn't as quick as her, he swung sideways, ignoring one of her blades that simply bounced off of his aura covered leg. Surprised by his audacity, Nico didn't dodge, she just activated her semblance and phased through his hammer before she phased through him, reappearing in a physical form behind him.

Another slice from her blade made Auburne stumble backwards. He slammed his dust filled hammer into the ground, making ice on the ground and causing Nico to slide all over the place. Auburne jumped before a reddish aura surrounded him. This aura traveled to one place; his feet as blades grew under his feet, serving as ice skates. Auburne skated toward her, his control over the icy floor much more composed than Nico's clumsiness.

Nico just managed to dodge Auburne's blow as his hammer swung horizontally, his next blow stopped by her blade. However, as he kicked forward, one of his makeshift ice skates had the blade fly into her face, knocking her off balance and making a small cut on her cheek. She stumbled backward, and as Auburne swung his hammer, Nico phased through the maze wall behind him, leaving him alone.

Unfortunately for Nico, she couldn't catch a break. She had phased through the wall, right to Onyx, who responded by jabbing his rocket launcher into Nico's head as soon as she gained a physical form. Nico stumbled backward, and Onyx prepared to slam it onto her again when a golden blade intercepted the blow.

Lyra's eyes were glowing with red flecks as she pushed Onyx's attempt back, her foot jabbing into his stomach. He reeled backward slightly, but twirled to send a rocket flying right at them. Lyra shielded with her axe, but was sent flying into a wall while Nico managed to evade. Her hood briefly fell, and she rushed to pull it back up.