Dancing Queen

It was time for the dance.

Nico nervously adjusted her green tie, shifting uncomfortably in her mainly black suit. She wore a green vest over it with black fingerless gloves before throwing her hair into a messy ponytail and calling it a day.

Still, she had tried.

It had been enough to stop Janelle from fretting, anyway. Nico had gotten ready in the dorm with Tanya and Janelle while Lyra had gone to Team JNPR's dorm to hang out with Pyrrha. Nico was a tad bit irritated that Lyra had done all this insisting as a team only to not be here yet, but at the end of the day, she didn't really care about that.

She just wanted her partner to be there.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Nico!" Tanya grinned, a wide smile on her face. She was wearing a simple plain long sleeve with blue trousers and overalls. She had a bright bow tie on her and her hair was pulled up into it's usual ponytail. While Nico didn't think she could ever picture Tanya wearing something nice, Tanya's outfit fit her really well. She looked as silly as ever, but it fit her. "Are you excited!!?"

"Does she look very excited to you?" Janelle sighed, her hair plaited into a neat and orderly braid. She wore a simple purple dress and heels. Nico didn't know much about the fashion world, but Janelle looked really nice. Janelle looked slightly insecure, but Nico was sure she was just imagining that. "She did not want to come in the first place. We forced her to come. You can stay here if you wish, if you do not want to come, we should not force you."

"Janelle!" Tanya wailed, but Janelle silenced her with a look. Nico pondered this thought.

"I d-don't h-have to c-come?" That sounded like a great idea to her. She was just about to agree when she thought about how disappointed her partner would be. Lyra had really wanted Nico to come, and Nico didn'twant to disappoint...Nico bit her lip. Part of her was curious to go, the other part of her resented even the thought of going to the dance. But if it would make her team happy...if it would make Lyra, who had been struggling with her grip on reality, happy...

Maybe it would be worth it.

"I-I-I'll go," Nico said with a slight sigh. She knew it was the right decision. Tanya clapped her hands together and Janelle nodded.

"Alright then, off we go!"

The three headed out of their dorm toward the dance. Thankfully, it wasn't snowing, but the wind was still chilly. Nico shivered. They were walking to the dance in just their outfits, and somehow, both Janelle and Tanya were fine. Nico didn't understand how they weren't freezing like her.... Nico could hear the music miles away from outside of the dance because of her advanced hearing. They made their way into the dance, where people were gathered in crowds and dancing happily to the music. Nico scanned around, but there was still no sign of Lyra. Tanya pumped her fist into the air, immediately jumping in with the crowd and dancing.

"Oh yeah!" Tanya cheered wildly, bouncing to the beat of the music. "This is great! Come on, Janelle! Dance with me!"

The purple haired girl uncertainly looked around, unsure of what to do before trying to loosen up and have a good time. While her dancing was...awkward to say the least, she was slowly beginning to have a good time.

Nico just crossed her arms. The music was incredibly loud in her ears, it made it hard to focus. How could anyone enjoy this? Not to mention how Lyra still wasn't around...

The crowd suddenly began to part as someone made their way through the people. Quiet murmuring accompanied the crowd, and Nico couldn't help but be hopeful. Was that Lyra coming her way?

"Salutations, Nico!! I have missed you a great deal!"

"P-Penny?" Nico felt her lips draw into a wide, hesitant smile. She hadn't seen Penny in forever! Penny rushed forward to hug her, her orange hair bouncing up and down. "I-I d-didn't k-k-know y-you'd be here!"