New Beginnings

LYRA flew through the air as momentum carried her backwards.

She grit her teeth, performing a walkover and springing off of her hands to land properly. As she righted herself, her golden axe gleamed as it slammed into the ground. Lyra cocked a grin as she pulled it out of the splintered floor with ease.

A blur of scarlet red zoomed straight for Lyra, and Lyra deflected the blow with her axe with a ferocious swing. Her redheaded opponent and best friend Pyrrha Nikos expertly twirled her javelin, calculating her every move. As her opponent swung her leg downwards, Lyra jumped above her limb and swung her axe downwards.

The blow was blocked, of course, but Lyra whirled around herself to slice her axe in a horizontal slash. Lance and shield worked together to block Lyra's advances as Pyrrha slid under Lyra's axe blade.

As the momentum from Lyra's axe carried her sideways, her adversary expertly twirled her weapon, hitting Lyra square in the head. The golden eyed warrior stumbled backwards as Pyrrha kicked her upwards, jumping to slam her shield into Lyra's stomach.

Lyra toppled to the ground, quickly flipping out of the way of her opponent's lance. She grit her teeth, her eyes flickering with red flecks as her opponent darted toward her. Lyra twirled the axe around herself, deflecting Pyrrha's attacks, and she quickly slammed her axe downwards.

Pyrrha blocked the blow, but only barely. She began to buckle under Lyra's immense strength, and Lyra kicked out her leg. Pyrrha dodged in the nick of time, feinting backwards. The sparks from Lyra's eyes faded, leaving her with her natural golden irises.

Lyra rushed towards the redhead again, feinting an attack from above. As Pyrrha rushed to block the blow, Lyra swung her axe from below.

Her axe blade connected with the redhead's aura protected chest, but the force was still enough to send Pyrrha flying upwards. Lyra winded her axe backwards, slamming it down.

Pyrrha twisted out of the way, and Lyra felt her axe being pulled to the side in order to avoid hitting her opponent. Lyra landed on the ground as Pyrrha rolled away safely, holding lance and shield confidently.

"Wrap it up! The planes leaving soon!"

Lyra sighed at the voice of her mother, Alexa Nikos. The woman gestured them over, her piercing green eyes gazing at the pair of warriors. Lyra was almost tempted to disobey those instructions so they could continue the sparring match. Then she realized;

"We're leaving to Beacon!" Lyra exclaimed, immediately strapping her golden axe to her back. She ran towards her best friend excitedly, golden eyes shining in excitement. "Pyrrha, we're going to go!"

Pyrrha smiled, folding her spear down and tucking it behind her back. She strapped her shield to her arm, placing her hands on her hips confidently.

"Since we didn't get to finish our fight, how about the winner is the first person to make it to the plane?"

"Oh, you're on!" Lyra smirked, and the two girls immediately took off. Lyra sprinted forward, Pyrrha right beside her. The two girls began laughing as they raced, and Alexa Nikos chuckled softly at watching her beloved children go.

"Okay, you win!" Lyra exclaimed as they skid on the pavement by the plane. It had been close; but Pyrrha had managed to sneak ahead at the last moment. She took deep breaths to try and catch her breath. "That was fun."

"Maybe now you'll actually sleep on the plane," Pyrrha grinned, panting lightly. "Get some rest before it's time to leave."

"Hah, you wish," Lyra rolled her eyes as she watched the people begin to load things into the plane. Alexa Nikos had requested they take a separate plane from everyone else, despite Pyrrha's insistence. While their mother was trying to look out for them, she didn't realize that it only further separated the warrior from everyone else. "Oh, I am so excited..!"